ENGIE is a global leader in low-carbon energy supply and services, Along with over 100,00 employees worldwide, customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed to accelerating the transition to a carbon-neutral world through more energy efficient and environmentally friendly solutions.
ENGIE’s 1,000 employees in the UK are actively engaged in helping the Group reach net-zero carbon by 2045. We have been active in the UK energy market for over 20 years and our investments are in renewable energy (solar, wind, hydro, biogas) and storage, whilst supplying energy to organisations of all sizes. Some of our major businesses include First Hydro and Storengy
We are shaping the future of responsible business by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet. If you’re excited about making an impact, we invite you to join our journey to build tomorrow’s low carbon energy systems and meet the challenges of climate change
ENGIE are recruiting for a Credit Control Assistant to be based in Leeds. This is a permanenty full-time role working 37 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Adherence to internal processes and risk frameworks.
· Produce and maintain weekly reports showing activity on accounts that are in arrears.
· Chasing payments via telephone, email and letters
· Ensuring timely payment of debts
· Reconciliation of accounts
· Progression / resolution of customer disputes
· Regular account reviews of aged debts to maximise cash collection and reduce aged debt.
· To liaise with internal stakeholders within Energy Supply Division
· To liaise with external parties to manage the Debt Collection process.
· To carry out ad-hoc requests.
· Management of administration duties which include filing, scanning and email to customers
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Credit control experience (minimum 2 years)
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
· Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with others
· Intermediate – strong Microsoft Excel skills
· Microsoft office efficient
· Proven ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic environment
· Energy industry knowledge (desirable)
· GCSE English Grade C and above or equivalent
· GCSE Mathematics Grade C and above or equivalent
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Oct 20, 2022