ENGIE are recruiting for a Contract Supervisor to be based in Kensington, London SW7 2DD. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary of £35,000 - £37,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience.
The normal working hours will be Monday to Friday, 8:00am until 5:00pm.
The role requires the Contract Supervisor to assist the Technical Operations Manager. to operate on a daily basis with self-autonomy dealing with everything from SHEQ, personnel management, subcontractor management, contract management, budget control, engineering planning and execution, planned preventative maintenance, etc.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include
· To report directly to the Technical Operations Manager with responsibility for Supervising the day to day operation and maintenance, including development of the contract
· To operate and maintain the plant at the sites identified above in line with existing procedures, thereby fulfilling site health, safety, environmental, quality and customer service targets. This will include identifying areas for continual improvement
· To ensure that all staff are effectively working and to ensure that all third party contractors who carry out work on the site do so in a safe and professional manner and abide by the relevant Company procedures and site specific procedures where applicable
· To follow the company procedures and standards as expressed in the Company Handbooks
· To be aware of the key financial targets for the sites and, in conjunction with the OM, to meet responsibilities in the most cost effective manner
· To complete all administrative functions correctly and efficiently, either paper log books or by using appropriate IT software, e.g. Maintenance Management System (PLANON)
· To become fully familiar with all Company and site procedures
· To represent the Company well to customers and external agency’s, by reasonable dress and demeanour and ensure the site and all Company property are maintained in a clean and tidy condition
· To maintain a good working relationship with customer representatives and work in a manner which ensures that all aspects of the service agreement between Engie and the customer are delivered with the requisite levels of professionalism
· Boiler Operation and Water Treatment Testing
· Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical maintenance techniques
· Understanding of all relevant legislative and statutory requirements relating to the site
· Control and implementation of Safe Systems of Work
· To assist the Contracts Manager in the preparation of site budgets
· Take responsibility for controlling Engineering Bought in Costs for the site. Prepare monthly reports to indicate main areas of spend for use in trending of information
For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Apprenticeship , primary trade qualifications and substantial experience within a building services environment
· Proficient level of IT skills
· Ability to effectively work under pressure
· Ability to diagnose faults and recommend appropriate solutions
· Ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing
· Confident and positive
· Able to work alone and Supervise a team
· Excellent customer care skills For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.