ENGIE are recruiting for a two Contract Delivery Supervisors to be based at Hollingsworth House, 181 Lewisham High Street, London SE13 6AA. This is a permanent full time roles working 42.5 hours per week Monday - Friday 8:00 - 17:30. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
This role is to provide line management support and to ensure effective contract delivery for all aspects of our contracts including KPI reporting. The role of Contract Delivery Supervisor may encompass multiple tasks and functions including responsive repairs, void properties and planned works. This role is a key function in a company which specialises in repairs and maintenance for the housing sector.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· To supervise and manage on a day to day basis the operation of our contracts.
· Responsible for the activities of a team of operatives (Directly employed) and/or subcontractors
· Ensure that the work undertaken by operatives and sub-contractors is satisfactorily completed within the cost and priority constraints of the contract. To control the costs of such items as man hours, equipment, vehicles, stock and tools, thus minimising wastage and avoidable expenditure.
· Provide cross-team administrative support on all operations undertaken by the team as required and directed by the manager from time to time
· Assist in the production of financial and KPI management reports
· Assist in the monitoring of financial and KPI data and take corrective & improvement actions
· To co-ordinate the allocation and distribution of work to operatives, monitoring progress and completion of those works within laid down priority times. Liaising with colleagues and tenants and make appointments for operatives to visit.
· To check that work has been completed, signing off the operative’s work sheets and material orders ensuring that these are entered via the internal I.T. system. Ensuring that all time sheets and merchants claims are accurately completed, and that all information entered onto the system is accurate.
· To be responsible for scheduling and programming follow-on works including material ordering, diarising appointments and ensuring customers are informed of revised appointment times in accordance with priority response times.
· To liaise with the Client via the computerised system where it is impossible for the work to be carried out in the agreed manner due to circumstances beyond our control, such as a request for a variation
· To act as a champion where issues occur. Liaising with both sides of the operation, agents, response liaison coordinator, customers and operatives to ensure the timely conclusion to any issues that arise
· To act as the first line manager of operatives, controlling such elements as, the times booked, time keeping and attendance of the employees within this section. Managing the induction and appraisals for all operatives reporting to this position. Liaising with the Responsive Repairs Manager on any employee issues and resolving them as soon as possible so as to establish and maintain a stable and effective team.
· To assist the administration in the issue of work tickets, including both the manning requirements and the administration elements of checking off of completed work, correct information for invoicing etc. To ensure that the computer system is updated as per the Apollo operational systems and procedures. This will include the entry of the operatives name on each job before issuing, detailing the works carried out on the system, listing the reasons for no entry, detailing the proposed date for the supply of specialist parts and generally making sure that the system is transparent for any person dealing with a works enquiry to be able to answer in a professional and correct manner. In summary to operate the computer system in “Real Time”.
· To control and monitor the allocation and use of all plant and vehicles used by the operatives in their work. Ensuring at all times the correct use and maintenance of these items by the operatives so as to maximise efficiency and minimise costs.
· To manage the use of sub-contractors as necessary, ensuring that they comply with all Company standards of work performance, customer service, and procedures. Ensuring that regular progress meetings are held with the managers of the sub-contractors to identify any issues or trends.
· Carry out post inspections of work, especially subcontractors, out to ensure that work has been carried out to satisfactory, recording details of findings and take remedial action where failings are identified.
· Ensure that all documentation and administration is kept accurately and ensuring deadlines are met
· To have a full and current working knowledge of the IT system and comply with the partnership KPI’s
· Ensure that you and all operatives and subcontractors under your supervision adhere to the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures including carrying out monthly toolbox talks.
· Carry out competency skills assessments of operatives ensuring that they are properly trained to carry out the works issued to them.
· To undertake any other duties as required by the Company from time to time, if these duties are of a greater level of responsibility or skill than those required in the post, then full training and appropriate supervision will be provided.
· Any other reasonable management request
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications & Experience:
Skills and abilities:
· Good numerical and written skills essential
· Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of general office equipment
· Ability to supervise others and work as part of a team.
· Organisational skills, ability to absorb new information and use it. Diligence, accuracy and an eye for detail
· Have a good knowledge and understanding of building construction and building repairs
· Knowledge of the operation of computerised systems essential
· Current knowledge of Housing improvements, measured term contracts and schedule of rates
· Experience of working with in partnership with a Local Authority Client with management experience of a similar operation in a busy customer focused repairs service environment
· Legal Disrepair
· Housing Legislation Knowledge
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.