ENGIE are recruiting for a Contract Administrator to be based in Chelsea SW3 6JB.. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Working as part of a team the post holder will assist the Technical Supervisor and Contract Manager to provide a full site admin support.
The normal working hours will be Monday to Friday, 8:00am until 5:00pm.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Provide a friendly and efficient front-line service, both in person and on the telephone, handling direct enquiries from the client, Line Management and sub-contractors
· Provide a routine clerical and administrative support to the engineering team
· Clerical work includes: photocopying, word processing, mail sorting and delivery, document collation and distribution, data input and filing both hardcopy and electronically, in an efficient and accurate manner, ensuring that deadlines are met
· To service meetings including preparing routine reports
· Maintain stocks of stationery and other consumable items
· Process supplier invoices and raise purchase orders in a timely manner
· Monitor sickness absence and annual leave and input to appropriate systems
· Ability to liaise with subcontractors and plan in service visits
· Undertake any other relevant duties required from time to time, as reasonably corresponds to the general character of the post and is commensurate with the level of responsibility
· Provides a range of administrative/clerical services to the engineering team including data input and recording of incidents on the local Facnet System and completes work with speed, accuracy and confidentiality
· To have a clear focus on the key priorities for ENGIE and the impact an individual’s work can make on whichever priorities are covered by their service area
· Provides admin support to the engineering team, Contract Manager and is responsible for the accurate processing of all data
· Undertakes routine order processing for work orders
· Prepare contract review packs for the Contract Manager
· Liaise with relevant personnel regarding issues raised by Plan-on/SAP and communicate responses
· Process incoming mail, telephone calls etc. ensuring that accurate information and advice are given and those enquiries are directed to the appropriate member of staff
· Contribute to the implementation of all administration procedures, developments and working methods including updating any procedures manuals.
· Maintain all statutory documentation both electronic and hardcopy to meet audit standards
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Prior experience of CAFM systems (SAP, Basware, Coupa - & Planon advantageous)
· Good Knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel and Word
· Ability to handle confidential information
· Prepared to work additional hours to assist with office cover/holidays
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.