Consumption Data Administrator - Leeds
Leeds (City and Borough of Leeds)
ENGIE is a global leader in low-carbon energy supply and services. Along with over 100,000 employees worldwide, customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed to accelerating the transition to a carbon-neutral world through more energy efficient and environmentally friendly solutions.
ENGIE’s 1,000 employees in the UK are actively engaged in helping the Group reach net-zero carbon by 2045. We have been active in the UK energy market for over 20 years and our investments are in renewable energy (solar, wind, hydro, biogas) and storage, whilst supplying energy to organisations of all sizes. Some of our major businesses include First Hydro and Storengy.
We are shaping the future of responsible business by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet. If you’re excited about making an impact, we invite you to join our journey to build tomorrow’s low carbon energy systems and meet the challenges of climate change.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Consumption Data Administrator to be based in Leeds. This is a permanent full time role working 37 hours per week. Working is flexible in relation to office attendance (1-2 days per week) and standard office hours (8:30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 4:30pm Friday) are expected. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
· Ensuring reads are obtained from customers premises in line with industry targets
· Monitoring and resolving issues preventing data collection from half hourly and DM sites
· Validating data prior to its acceptance in the billing system
· Where necessary, entering actual data into the billing system
· Where necessary, calculating estimated data and entering this into the billing system
· Awareness of the importance of settlement performance in line with industry targets
· Ensuring reads are received, validated when necessary, and correctly communicated into industry settlement processes
· Processing and resolution of data aggregator exceptions
· Processing and resolution of opening and closing read disputes
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
· Understanding of the customer lifecycle and interdependencies between Billing and Market Operations and interfacing departments
· Numerical and verbal comprehension skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Microsoft Office proficient
· Able to produce effective work within deadlines
· Practical approach to problem solving
· Process improvement methodology expertise is beneficial
· Knowledge of energy industry is preferred
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package offered with this role.
Engie is an equal opportunities employer and our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background for the role.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Mar 1, 2023