ENGIE are recruiting for a Commercial Heating Engineer to be based in Chelsea / Kensington, London E10. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, basic salary 34,000 per annum (plus call out & overtime) plus company vehicle (business use).
ENGIE Urban Energy have a particular and immediate requirement for a Commercial Heating Engineer to carry out Planned Preventative and Reactive maintenance within a number of Commercial Plant Rooms and Residential properties associated with the key delivery of our Contract.
The role will have specific responsibility to look after and maintain the assets associated with the distribution and delivery of Communal Heating throughout the connected buildings and work as part of a wider team to ensure its effective operation. In addition to preventative maintenance, the role will encompass all investigations and responsive repairs within residential properties to ensure high levels of service delivery. The Commercial Heating Engineer will work closely with other members of the operational team associated with the delivery of this Contract.
The successful candidate will have experience in Commercial Heating systems and plant and be able to demonstrate an understanding of heating and hot water systems within a commercial and domestic environment. Due to the nature of the role, customer facing skills are essential.
There are a number of key outputs for the successful candidate to deliver, including:-
· Ability to work unsupervised
· Basic IT Skills
· Knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems
· Be able to demonstrate self motivation
· Customer focused
· Work to tight deadlines
· Support contractors on site
· Team player
· Housekeeping and cleanliness
· Carry out 'Out Of Hours' response as part of a call-out Roster team
· Carry Out Rostered Saturday Morning works, 08.00-13.00hrs (Overtime Payable)
· Place the highest importance upon ENGIE Health and Safety policies and procedures
· Maintain all documentation and records to the highest standard
· Liaise with customers and engineers in a polite and efficient manner, escalating where necessary
· Establish and maintain productive working relationships with clients and owner / occupiers
· Provide reports to, and work closely with the Operations Manager and Site Supervisor
· Have due regard to ENGIE and Statutory Health + Safety Legislation at all times
· Operate at all times in accordance with Best Practice with regard to Equal Opportunities, recognise and value Diversity in the Workplace and demonstrate respect for others.
· Always represent ENGIE in a professional manner
· Any other tasks as required by Line Management
· Driving licence is essential For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· C&G or NVQ Plumbing Qualification with relevant on the job and demonstrable experience
· Experience and familiarisation with commercial heating systems ideally associated with communal / district heating networks
· Competent to undertake fault finding, pipework, plumbing and basic electrical works (Fault finding skills desirable, not essential)
· A demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise
· Flexibility to work on other tasks within skill set
· Needs to be enthusiastic and proactive in approach
· Needs demonstrable plumbing skills; the job is 80% reactive maintenance within residential homes within Kensington & Chelsea
· Needs experience and understanding of Commercial Heating plant and needs to be able to demonstrate a clear fault finding thought process
· Needs to be a good team player
· Successful CRB check will be required for this role For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.