EQUANS Mechanical Services is looking for an experienced Electrician to effectively to provide effective delivery and installation of Electrical Supply and Control Systems associated with HVAC Systems.
This role is located in our Rockhampton QLD branch and available for start as soon as possible.
· Identifying design issues, site work methodologies, expedience, and delivery to a high standard of workmanship
· Completing and providing evidence of installations performed on all projects complying with directions and drawings in an accurate manner
· Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures
· Diagnose malfunctioning HVAC, Refrigeration and Chiller systems and components to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problems
· Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components as required
· Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects, the need for adjustment or repair, and compliance with relevant codes
· Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters and oscilloscopes to ensure compatibility and safety of system
· Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures based on job specifications and local codes
· Direct and train apprentices to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures
· Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes
· Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors
· Perform and provide evidence of maintenance performed on equipment and systems using logbooks and associated documents in an accurate and legible manner
Requirements to be successful
· Trade qualification in Electrical – unrestricted electrical licence
· Current Australian Drivers Licence
· Dual trade in HVAC/Electrical highly regarded
· Proven experience in the commercial and industrial installation of HVAC equipment within the building services industry
Benefits of EQUANS
We offer a positive team approach across our 20 locations with a focus on flexible working options for our employees. We support our team members with their career development ambitions and offer training and development opportunities.
EQUANS ANZ is part of a global, technical services leader, and part of the ENGIE Group. Our local team of qualified technicians and support staff delivers value for customers by balancing cost, risk and performance, while having access to a global network of experts. We design and provide customised solutions for our clients to support them in their energy, industrial and digital transitions.
With nearly 900 highly qualified employees across 20+ locations in Australia and New Zealand, we provide excellent technical know-how in design, installation and maintenance, with a unique combination of skills in Mechanical, Fire Protection, AV and Electrical and Communications Services.
If you are interested and meet the selection criteria apply with an up-to-date resume via the application instructions on this website.
Please note that we can only accept applications from those with full working rights in Australia.
EQUANS is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer where all employees have the right to be treated equally in all aspects of their jobs. We promote diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from Indigenous Australians and people from all backgrounds and abilities.
We will not be engaging the services of a Recruitment Agency and ask all interested candidates to apply directly via this advertisement.
· Posting Date: Nov 29, 2021