'Dream up your idea of the future with ENGIE.
You are the energy the world needs.
We are looking for thousands of talented individuals from around the world to create energy that respects the environment and that everyone can access. Discover from today exciting and collaborative jobs that contribute for the towns and the world of tomorrow.
250 occupations are waiting for you at ENGIE, world leader in energy.'
ENGIE are recruiting for a Cleaning Supervisor to be based in Queens Road Academy Queens Road Barnsley S71 1AR. This is a permanent part time role working 12.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 16:00 - 18:30. On offer is a competitive salary.
The role of the Cleaning Supervisor is to supervise the site cleaning team to ensure a high standard of cleanliness in the school premises is maintained.Reporting to the Customer Service Partner.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Act as ‘hands on’ lead and front line supervisor for the cleaning team to deliver a quality service.
· Respond in a timely manner to any issues with the delivery of routine and non-routine cleaning services. Provide cover and undertake remedial cleaning tasks as necessary.
· Complete and submit timesheets for the cleaning team.
· Manage/Approve cleaning team holidays
· Monitor the quality of work and complete quality control sheets as necessary.
· Ensure cleaning materials and power cleaning equipment are operated in a safe and economic manner, and in accordance with their instructions for use.
· Ensure that cleaning equipment and designated storage areas are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
· Ensure adequate supplies of cleaning materials and other consumable items are available.
· Ensure personal tasks and the duties of the cleaning team are carried out in accordance with safe working practices within statutory, Company and recommended guidelines.
· Report to the Customer Service Partner or Caretaker any damage to school property, or potential hazards, or any issues that are likely to affect the task to be undertaken.
· Act as Keyholder. Ensure the security of the allocated areas on completion of the cleaning tasks, including switching off lights and heating to conserve energy, securing the building
· Undertake training as necessary to maintain the requirements of the service For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications and Experience required:
· Experience of industry/public cleaning services
· COSHH Knowledge
· Able to instruct others on the use of cleaning materials and equipment
· Have an understanding of basic health and safety principles
· Able to motivate a cleaning team to attain a consistent specified standard of cleaning
· Able to organise cleaning staff to meet work schedules
· Previous experience of supervising a cleaning team
· BICSc Cleaning Operatives Proficiency Certificate
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions both current and past,
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings help on the police national computer for England and Wales,
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
· Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.