'Dream up your idea of the future with ENGIE.
You are the energy the world needs.
We are looking for thousands of talented individuals from around the world to create energy that respects the environment and that everyone can access. Discover from today exciting and collaborative jobs that contribute for the towns and the world of tomorrow.250 occupations are waiting for you at ENGIE, world leader in energy.'
ENGIE are recruiting for a Cleaning Supervisor to be based in Joseph Locke Primary School, Shaw Street, Barnsley S70 6JL. This is a permanent, part-time role working 15 hours per week (Monday-Friday, 15.30-18.30 hours). On offer is a salary of £7.83 per hour.
This role reports directly to the Customer Service Partner.
· Act as ‘hands on’ lead and front line Supervisor for the Cleaning Team, to deliver a quality service.
· Respond in a timely manner to any issues with the delivery of routine and non-routine cleaning services.
· Provide cover and undertake remedial cleaning tasks as necessary.
· Complete and submit timesheets for the Cleaning Team.
· Manage/Approve Cleaning Team holidays.
· Monitor the quality of work and complete quality control sheets, as necessary.
· Ensure cleaning materials and power cleaning equipment are operated in a safe and economic manner, and in accordance with their instructions for use.
· Ensure that cleaning equipment and designated storage areas are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
· Ensure adequate supplies of cleaning materials and other consumable items are available.
· Ensure personal tasks and the duties of the Cleaning Team are carried out in accordance with safe working practices within statutory, Company and recommended guidelines.
· Report to the Customer Service Partner or Caretaker any damage to school property, or potential hazards, or any issues that are likely to affect the task to be undertaken.
· Act as Keyholder, ensuring security of allocated areas on completion of cleaning tasks, including switching off lights and heating to conserve energy.
· Securing the building and site.
· Undertaking any training necessary to maintain requirements of the service.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications Required:
· Experience of industry/ public cleaning services
· COSHH knowledge
· Able to instruct others on the use of cleaning materials and equipment
· Have an understanding of basic Health & Safety principles
· Able to motivate a Cleaning Team to attain a consistent, specified standard of cleaning
· Able to organise Cleaning staff to meet work schedules.
· Good communication and customer care skills
· Be sufficiently fit to undertake specified tasks
· Able to work with minimum supervision
· Good team skills and ability to pass on knowledge to others
· Previous experience of supervising a Cleaning Team would be advantageous
· BICSc Cleaning Operatives Proficiency Certificate is desirable.
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions both current and past,
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings held on the police national computer for England and Wales,
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
· Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.