ENGIE are recruiting for 10 Cleaning Operatives to be based at Lancashire and Blackburn Schools, Blackburn Central BB2 3HJ & Witton Park BB2 6TD . These are permanent part time role working 30 hours per week. On offer is a salary of £7.83 per hour.
There will be various hours available. Most hours will fall between 05:30-09:00 and 15:30-20:00
The role of the Cleaning Operative is to carry out routine and none routine specified tasks to prescribed standards as instructed by the cleaning supervisor or other authorised persons. Reporting to the Cleaning Supervisor.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Use cleaning materials and operate power cleaning equipment in a safe and economic manner and in accordance with their safe instructions for use.
· Ensure that cleaning equipment and designated storage areas are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
· Observe all safety instructions and wear the correct protective clothing for the task to undertaken.
· Report to the cleaning supervisor or caretaker any damage to school property, or potential hazards, or any issues that are likely to affect the task to be undertaken.
· Ensure the safety of the allocated areas on completion of the cleaning tasks including switching off lights and heating to conserve energy.
· Undertake training as necessary to maintain the requirements of the service.
· Collaborate and co-operate with work colleges and users of the facilities to deliver a customer focused service.
· Carry out cleaning tasks to a high standard.
· Demonstrate an observable commitment to behavioural safety and embracing a Zero Tolerance incident and injury free culture For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· BICSc Cleaning Operatives Proficiency Certificate (is Desirable but not Essential)
· Experience of industry/Public cleaning services
· Able to read and follow instructions on the use of cleaning materials and equipment
· Have a understanding of basic health and Safety principles
· Able to attain a consistent specified standard of cleaning
· Able to organise his/her own time to meet individual work schedules (Patches)
· Able to operate power operated cleaning equipment
· Capable of working with minimum supervision
· Work as a team player and pass on knowledge to others
· Flexible and willing
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions both current and past,
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings help on the police national computer for England and Wales,
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
· Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.