ENGIE is a leading service business in the UK across public, private and healthcare sectors. We have always been committed to one mission: to develop innovative solutions that improve the efficiency of cities, buildings, industry and infrastructure across the UK.
Do you think that you have the energy to succeed at ENGIE?
Joining ENGIE could be the start of a rewarding journey with Europe's largest FM & Energy Services business & a Global leader in Energy. Whether your background is Technical, FM, Energy or in a business support function, we believe that each and every member of our team plays a key role in the future of our company. If you are a motivated, customer focused individual and want to take your career to the next level then we want to hear from you.
ENGIE are recruiting a for Cleaning Operative to be based in Station Road, Burton Upon Trent, DE14 1BG.
This is a permanent, full time role working 40 hours a week Monday to Friday, this is a varied shift pattern of evenings and weekends and on offer will be £7.83 to £9.00 per hour dependant on skills and experience. This role will report into the Cleaning Team Leader.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
· Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated Bin points.
· Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
· Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
· Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
· using electrically powered scrubber dryers to scrub floors (after receiving proper instruction and training).
· To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments.
· To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required within the contract.
· To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains.
· The use of chemical agents as directed by the Cleaning Supervisor in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving correct instructions and training.
· To undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning to a height no greater than body height plus an arm’s extension from floor level, during periodic cleaning maintenance programmes.
· Clean sinks, cookers and work surface areas within mess rooms.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications and experience required:
Previous industrial & office cleaning experience desirable
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.