ENGIE are recruiting for a Cleaner Voids to be based at Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford, TN23 1PL. This is a permanent full time role working Monday - Friday 8:00 - 17:00. On offer is a competitive salary, dependent upon skills and experience and benefits package.
· To provide and maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment for staff, users and visitors
· Clean and maintain all areas to standards required to meet the Authority requirements
· To carry out all allocated cleaning activities to the specification completely, safely and within the required timescales
· To use cleaning materials and consumables as recommended by ENGIE’s supplier, following supplier’s recommended use instructions
· Perform specialist cleaning tasks including (but not exclusively): scrubber/ dryer operation, spot carpet cleaning, high level cleaning, deep cleaning of cells, toilets and kitchens etc.
· Cleaning of the custodial unit, which involves entry into Cells, Interview rooms, Medical rooms and other Police Authority areas.
· Emptying of recycling & confidential waste containers
· Replenishment of kitchen & washroom consumables
· Attend to any spillages as quickly as possible so as to eliminate any Health and Safety issues on site
· Report any ad-hoc requests for cleaning to the Helpdesk
· To work within the requirements of ENGIE’s Health & Safety policy; having specific regard to colour coding, COSHH, Risk Assessments and safe working practices
· Maintain assigned cleaning cupboard to the ENGIE standards and requirements
· Complete a Shift Handover at the end of every shift or before leaving site
· Attend regular meetings with the Cleaning Supervisor For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications or Experience:
· PFI contract knowledge preferable
· BICs trained
· Experience of working within a Facilities Management environment.
· Flexibility – able to work additional and sometime unsociable hours if and when required. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Jan 15, 2019