The Role: Chilled Water System Technician
Under general supervision, applies knowledge and training to operate, inspect, maintain, and repair chilled water plant systems and associated equipment. Working in a team environment and solving complicated problems using a wide range of tools and resources.
Chilled Water Supervisor or Plant Manager
University of Iowa / Iowa City, IA
Hourly – Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions
· Identify and address safety concerns. Report concerns and work with teammates to continually improve workplace safety.
· Ensure customer satisfaction
· Operate, inspect, maintain, and repair of all plant and chilled water loop systems, and related equipment.
· Create and log work using a CMMS
· Installation and repair of piping for water, steam, domestic water, condenser water, chilled water, air lines and condensate.
· Own or assists in equipment maintenance. This may include but not limited to repairing pumps seals, repairing tube bundles, oil changes, strainer cleanings, leak repairs, Pump / motor alignment, gear boxes, simple structural welding, troubleshooting, etc.
· Work closely with supervisor to coordinate the safety, training and schedule of apprentices and new employees
· Works with a wide range of resources daily including Plant manager, Engineers, Electricians, Project Managers, Maintenance Planners, Supervisor, Peers.
· Carries out other duties as assigned.
· Ability to communicate effectively using a wide range of methods
· Ability to use computers and other network technology
· Ability to work unsupervised on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts.
· Hold and Maintain a valid driver's license
· For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
· Ability to obtain and hold RSES certification within 3 years of starting date.
Essential Physical Abilities
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
· Ability to use personal computer, calculator, and work with various computer based operating platforms.
· Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
· Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
· Ability to work safely in or with high noise levels, extreme heat, dust, high places
· Any combination of education or experience that involves machinery, equipment and control systems related to a utility plant which totals 2 years and includes a minimum of 1 year direct maintenance and repair experience.
· Experience with or knowledge of primary and satellite chiller systems, loop interface system and associated equipment.
· Experience working with hazardous Chemicals.
· 2yrs Experience in an industrial setting using a CMMS
· Experience Trouble shooting mechanical systems
· Current RSES certification
· Experience working with process equipment or utility systems
· Structural and/or pipe welding experience
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
· Posting Date: May 27, 2020