ENGIE are recruiting for a Carpenter / Multi-Skilled x 2 working in Birmingham and other Engie sites across the East or West Midlands. This is a permanent full time role working
40 hours per week on a regular working pattern will be agreed with the manager between 08:00 19:00 Monday to Friday and 08:00 - 13:00 Saturday. There is an expectation to join the out of hours rota and this will be rewarded by payment in addition to the salary. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance and benefits package.
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, facilities management and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
We work alongside government departments, local authorities and the wider public sector as a strategic partner for developing more sustainable, efficient and vibrant communities.
Not only are we able to create and shape communities across the country, but we also have the expertise to maintain and support them – ensuring that we are offering sustainable initiatives that deliver a lifelong impact. We are a market leader in both urban regeneration and district energy,
a significant provider of place-based services and energy efficiency and we have the ability to develop smart digital solutions and the connected home.
Purpose of the Role:
Carry out repairs, maintenance and major refurbishment work to the homes and properties repaired and maintained by the Company in a multi-skilled environment whilst achieving high standards of customer care and satisfaction.
· To complete high quality repair, maintenance and refurbishment works and deliver high levels of customer service on a daily basis
· Complete Carpentry and multi skilled works in order to complete the job in one visit
· To adhere to all Engie values, policies and procedures.
· To promote the Company’s aims and objectives, to attend work in a presentable manner in accordance with the Company’s dress code.
· Complete any required written or electronic documentation and records including time monitoring to enable the accurate calculation of costs, salary and property information.
· Participate in appropriate vocational/non vocational training courses and attend any appropriate meetings as required.
· To manage holidays/sickness as per Company policies
· To work effectively and positively with the client, customers and stakeholders on a daily basis
· To effectively and proactively assist in supporting the team to achieve KPI’s
· To utilise personal communication and protection equipment effectively and responsibly including the Company’s Vehicle Communication and Tracking System
· Work with all teams and departments within the Company to ensure the delivery of excellent services.
· Work in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety, Fire Safety and Risk Management Policies along with all other legislation, British Standards etc. associated with the role, follow the Company Policies, Procedures and Instructions at all times.
For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.co.uk/
What we are looking for:
· Excellent organisational skills
· Appropriate level of experience within building construction and repairs and maintenance
· Dealing with the public and outside agencies
· Demonstrate experience in diagnosis of Carpentry and general building issues
· Ability to utilise Information Technology and Personal Digital Assistants (PDA’s)
· Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
· Good understanding and appreciation of effective customer care
· Good standard of record keeping and administration
Why work for us?
At ENGIE, we are passionate about improving the lives of the communities that we serve so they can continue to thrive and grow. From homes to hospitals, schools to municipal buildings - our broad set of skills provides a unique offer that will make a real difference.
Our services include:
· Facilities management
· Business services
· Energy supply and efficiency
· Energy infrastructure
· Property services and maintenance
· Estate regeneration, including refurbishment
· Regenerating and maintaining community and public facilities
· Affordable homes and homes for older people
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 150,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €66.6 billion in 2016.
We offer you:
· Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
· Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
· Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
· Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
· Recognition – We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
· Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.