ENGIE are recruiting for a Carpenter to be based at Worcester Royal Hospital, Charles Hastings Way, Worcester WR5 1DD. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08:00 hrs - 17:00 hrs. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The role of the Carpenter is to undertake a proactive role in carrying out maintenance, repairs and inspection of civil, and associated building services. All in accordance with relevant standards and operational procedures and in compliance with legislation and guidance. Represent Engie in a respectful manner and professional manner, reporting to the Technical Services Manager .
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Carrying out planned preventative maintenance (PPM) on Civil and associated building services in accordance with the PPM programme, KPI and personal competence and training.
· Respond in a timely manner to ad-hoc breakdown requests as identified by supervisor / manager or as a minimum, as per site contract.
· Carrying out installation work involved in minor upgrading and adaptation works.
· Carry out duties in accordance with safe working practices within statutory and Company guidelines.
· Safely operate all types of access equipment, hand and power tools in accordance with health & safety and manufacturers’ guidelines.
· Ensure the correct use of personal protective equipment and adherence to health & safety and infection control procedures.
· Maintain records as and when appropriate and as required, whether written or electronic.
· Willingness to assist and work flexibly with other trades/colleagues.
· Ensure liaison with Wards and Departments as required, ensuring there is minimum disruption whilst carrying out work.
· Respond in a safe manner to the effects of adverse weather, e.g. snow clearing, gritting, flooding, high winds, etc.
· Undertake training where necessary to learn other skills and to maintain and develop the requirements of the service.
· Carry out risk assessments on-site as instructed by supervisor / manager.
· Collaborate and co-operate with the partners and colleagues to deliver a customer focused service.
· Minimise penalty deductions by responding in a timely manner to all maintenance issues in accordance with the requirements of the Concession Agreement.
· Use initiative to make appropriate decisions, including when working out of hours.
· Diligently complete all required job dockets and other work related paperwork to the required standard.
· Complete work within the allotted timeframes.
· Carry out any other identified tasks commensurate with role.
· Will be required to work out of the normal contracted hours
· Carry out all building and maintenance activities and Reactive Repairs
· Ensure that any difficulties encountered on maintenance activities are reported to the Building development supervisor
· Assist the Mechanical & electrical trades with minor maintenance Tasks such as but not limited to: replacement of lamps, unblocking sinks and toilets, changing of nurse call handsets and any other related tasks
· To be available for planned out of hours call out, weekend working depending on production and business requirements.
· A flexible approach to working hours, areas to support service delivery and contract requirements For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· A recognised industry building carpentry qualification - Essential
· Previously worked within a Healthcare maintenance environment. - Desirable
· GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent - Essential
· The ideal candidate will be friendly, diligent, with excellent time keeping. Possess strong practical skills and knowledge of civil & building maintenance. Experience of using and maintaining a large variety of building tools, maintenance tools and light/ heavy machinery, along with good building knowledge and skills.
· Basic knowledge of Health and Safety procedures is desirable. And full clean Driving License is a must
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions both current and past,
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings help on the police national computer for England and Wales,
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
· Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.