ENGIE are recruiting for a Business Intelligence Developer to be based at No 1, 26 Whitehall Rd, Leeds LS12 1BE. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
Full Microsoft Business intelligence stack developer with a strong focus on using T-SQL to build and enhance the data warehouse and other data solutions. T-SQL and SSIS are used to extract, transform and load data. While the data is surfaced using SSAS Cubes, SSRS reports and other self-serve tools.
Primarily you will be using T-SQL supported by the rest of the Microsoft BI stack to develop the data warehouse and surface data, whilst also improving and supporting the existing systems for our energy supply
You will also be key in contributing to data warehouse design, architecture and process.
Strong stakeholder management will be required for maintaining relationships with our business users to clarify and influence requirements.
You will be able to demonstrate you are quality focused to ensure that they solutions are built to an appropriate standard whilst being balanced with a drive to deliver against tight deadlines.
This is primarily focused on the energy sector of the business the Business Intelligence team is key to delivering on ENGIE’s strategy of a zero-carbon transition and upcoming work will see us diversify into solutions for Electric Vehicles and Connected Homes.
Working in a small business intelligence team you will be expected to influence the evolution of business and system requirements and contribute to the design of technical solutions to feed a delivery pipeline that increasingly employs Agile methods such as SCRUM and Kanban.
You will be required to develop unit tested code and then support test cycles including post implementation validation. You will be required to contribute to the transition into service and ongoing support of the applications in our area which provides the opportunity to reduce technical debt and rationalise our technical footprint
Project work is varied in size and complexity but normally focussed on the expansion or improvement of the data warehouse and you will be expected to contribute to several concurrent initiatives, sometimes working alone on the smaller work items. Every day brings a new set of challenges as the demands and priorities of our business fluctuate.
You will be encouraged to further improve your skills and the team’s capabilities and be expected to identify and introduce improved tools and ways of working to increase efficiency and reduce time to market.
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Suitable A-levels or equivalent
· Appropriate specialist technical qualifications for supporting, maintaining and/or developing applications
· Degree level or equivalent, preferably Information Technology or Computer Science(Desirable) Experience
· 5+ years of experience of data warehouse design and development.
· Cloud platform experience (desirable)
· Agile working Technical Skills
· Strong T-SQL (2012/2014)
· Strong Development on the SQL 2012/2014 Stack
· SSAS, SSIS and SSRS
· Good understanding of BI development life cycle. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Aug 7, 2019