ENGIE are recruiting for Building Service Engineers to be based at Battersea & Nine Elms, SW8 5BN. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
You will be responsible for all aspects of Mechanical and Electrical maintenance of the plant and equipment associated with the delivery of Heating, Hot Water and Chilled Water Services. The contracts involve CHP engines, gas boilers and chillers as a means of supplying heat, electricity and cooling to a range of residential and commercial consumers.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
Efficient planning and execution of maintenance activities associated with the safe operation of the plant
Managing sub-contractors working for the organisation ensuring their Health and Safety as well as their performance
Will be required to respond to plant and equipment breakdowns as part of an On-Call Rota/ Out of Hours Team
Carry out other duties identified from time to time to ensure the plant is operating safely and efficiently and within environmental compliance.
Implement maintenance activities, during planned and unplanned shutdowns to ensure optimal long- term availability of the plant and to preserve the value of the facility within approved budget
Manage maintenance statutory inspections ensuring all documentation is completed and up to date
Ensure good housekeeping and maintenance standards within all defined areas
Ensure that all Mechanical and Electrical Engineering activities associated with the plant are carried out in a safe manner in line with policies and procedures, and relevant health, safety and environmental statutory requirements are met
Carry out risk assessments to ensure activities are carried out in a safe manner, including site staff and contractors to ensure their safety.
Be flexible in your approach covering training requirements and holiday cover sometimes at short notice.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Electrically or mechanically qualified – The successful candidate must possess City & Guilds/NVQ Level 2&3
· City & Guilds - 17th or 18th Edition
· HV experience would be an advantage
· Have preferably previous experience working within an industrial environment within Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering discipline
· Possess an IOSH (or equivalent) safety qualification, training will be given
· Familiar with Permit to Work systems
· Knowledge and experience of associated repair methods of mechanical plant
· Experience in working with a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
· Demonstrate a good understand of health, safety and environment legislation relevant to industrial environment.
· Will be expected to assist other disciplines as required
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under "employee sign in" to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Mar 3, 2021