ENGIE are recruiting for aBuilding Control Surveyor to be based in Grimsby. This is a permanent full-time role working. On offer is a salary up to £29,000 plus standby rota allowance depending on knowledge skills and experience.
What will you deliver?
· Manage a case load of complex and significant schemes, both residential and commercial, to include plan checking and site inspections to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with our key clients.
· Use professional skill and judgement to offer advice on acceptable solutions to meet the statutory requirements of the Building Regulations
· To identify opportunities to develop and implement improvements and innovations in service delivery to create flexible, responsive and proactive services.
· To assist in effectively marketing and developing the building control service.
· To undertake other statutory duties including Demolition, Safety at Sports Grounds, Event Safety Advisory etc. as and when required.
· To control Dangerous Structures, including participation in the out of hours emergency call out service, on a rota basis.
What can we offer you?
On offer is a salary up to £29,000 plus standby rota allowance depending on knowledge skills and experience, bonus and benefits package, which includes;
· Pension Scheme
· 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
· Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
· Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
· Gym membership discounts
· Cycle to work scheme
Who are we looking for?
· HND/HNC in Building Control or 3 years relevant experience
· Accreditation to LABC competency matrix level 5 or equivalent knowledge skills and experience and committed to gain accreditation
· Associate membership of RICS, CABE or CIOB (or willing to work towards)
· Experience in dealing with complex Building Regulation applications
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Who are we?
ENGIE is a key provider of energy, services and regeneration in the UK & Ireland. ENGIE delivers flexible, renewable electricity generation and clean, affordable energy supply to businesses of all sizes in the UK.
In July 2021, ENGIE launched EQUANS, a new dedicated brand, combining its services-led activities in energy solutions, technical & facilities management and regeneration to support businesses and communities embrace a greener, more efficient and increasingly digital world.
This opportunity is for EQUANS, please visit www.engie.co.uk/equans to find out more information about how we are empowering business and communities to build a greener, more efficient and connected world!
EQUANS is part of the ENGIE Group, which globally employs 170,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues €55.8 billion in 2020.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Oct 8, 2021