Keepmoat Regeneration are recruiting for an Assistant Estimator to be based in The Lighthouse, 14 The Quays, Salford M50 3BF. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week (office hours). On offer is a competitive salary between £20,000 - £22,000 per annum depending on skills and experience, company vehicle and benefits package.
Keepmoat Regeneration, part of the ENGIE Group, is the leading provider of regeneration services in the UK. Keepmoat Regeneration designs, builds, refurbishes and maintains homes, buildings and the facilities, places and spaces that support our communities.
We work in partnership with housing associations, local authorities, the private sector and residents to invest in local communities, strengthen local economies and transform lives.
We specialise in working with public and private sector landowners and landlords, bringing brownfield sites into active use and breathing new life into neighbourhoods across the UK.
We are passionate about maximising the social and economic benefits wherever we work, which is why we employ local people and suppliers and work closely with our residents.
Purpose of the Role:
To establish an accurate cost of a variety of tender bids prior to adjudication within the region of £500,000.00. To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy.
· Take ownership of tender, reading through & understanding the tender documents
· Allocate sub-contract packages and send out to the market for competitive pricing
· Visit sites undertaking measures and assessing tender issues i.e. access
· To ensure sub contract quotations have been collated and checked for compliance prior to use
· To price the remaining elements of any scheme using current competitive rates
· To ensure all tender documentation has been collated in sufficient time for the adjudication to be under taken
· Arrange tender adjudication meetings to tie in to tender submission dates, ensuring correct personnel are notified with sufficient notice
· To attend tender adjudications and explain in detail the thinking behind established tender cost
· To amend pricing element of tender documentation as agreed during the tender review and submit tender by due date and time
· To ensure that supporting tender documentation has been completed correctly and returning with priced tender documentation by due date and time
· Following up with clients to establish company’s standing
· Establish and maintain a good professional working relationship with all prospective clients
· To ensure a non-confrontational approach with any clients at any time
· To ensure any post tender requirements of the client has been carried out
· To ensure discipline and professional standards are maintained
· To comply with the competition law compliance guidelines
· Ensure that you are cognizant of associated risks applicable in carrying out your role and the proper measures are adopted to manage, control and minimise any risks which may apply to your daily duties
· Comply with the terms and conditions detailed within the employees handbook
· Ensure that all staff comply with the operating procedures of the Estimating Department
· Look to develop good working relationships with manufacturers, suppliers etc and generate new business opportunities for the company
· To ensure all post tender documentation has been completed and returned to Estimating Support
· Any other reasonable management request For more information about Keepmoat Regeneration please visit:https://www.keepmoatregen.com/
What we are looking for:
· Experience of working on Social Housing projects both Refurbishment & New Build
· Working experience of presenting technical and complex information
· Excellent Excel Skills Skills and abilities
· Ability to use own initiative as well as working effectively as part of a team
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
· First rate communication skills both written and verbal
· Excellent attention to detail
· Proven leadership skills with the ability to effectively delegates as appropriate Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Regeneration we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
We offer you:
· Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
· Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
· Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
· Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
· Recognition – We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
· Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. Keepmoat Regeneration do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the Keepmoat Regeneration Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to Keepmoat Regeneration Managers.