ENGIE are recruiting for a Assistant Estate Managers to be based at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, B15 2WB. These are permanent, full time roles working a shift pattern of 4 on 4 off, 2 days, 2 nights. On offer is a competitive salary and company benefits package.
In this role you'll assist the Technical Services Managers in the provision of Hard FM & Lifecycle Services whilst delivering a high-quality and statutory compliant maintenance service. The role will include assisting in the operation, repair and maintenance of mechanical engineering services whilst working within a multi-disciplinary hard service team environment
· Manage the day to day performance of the relevant Acute Shift team including: Planned, Corrective and Reactive maintenance tasks
· Ensure that Planned and scheduled preventative maintenance activities for buildings, plant and equipment using the Maximo system or other works management system, are compliant with Statute, Contract Requirements, Regulations, ACOP’s and Guidance (HTM’s).
· Ensure that all staff and subcontractors Response and Rectification times are met, and repairs are undertaken diligently
· Carry out inspections and audits of both in house and 3rd party staff to ensure compliance with Contract Requirements, in a timely manner, to the required standard and documented correctly.
· Manage and resolve incidents of non-compliance across the Estate in line with Contract and Company Requirements.
· Responsible for the safety of plant, equipment and infrastructure, compliance documentation and for safe working practices.
· Ensure that plant and equipment data and information is delivered in an accurate and timely manner to enable accurate Condition Surveys and assist in the subsequent Lifecycle Planning as required.
· Responsible for maintaining comprehensive maintenance and compliance records.
· Deliver training to staff on relevant subjects(e.g. toolbox talks & trade specific subject matter).
Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
We are looking for candidates with either a Mechanical or Electrical background:
· City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering Level 2 & 3
· City & Guilds Pipefitting & Plumbing Level 2 & 3
· City & Guilds Plumbing Level 2 & 3
· Relevant City & Guilds Mechanical qualifications
· Electrical Installation – Approved apprenticeship with either:
· City & Guild 236 Part 1, 2 & 3 Parts A, B, C or
· City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1, 2, 3 or
· City & Guilds 2330 Level 2, Level 3, (Level 4 – desirable) or
· City & Guilds 2560 (2357) – Diploma
· 18th Edition of the Wiring Regulations (BS 7671 – 2018 Amendment)
· City & Guilds 2394 Testing & Inspection Certification
· City & Guilds 2395 Testing & Inspection Certification
Or any other relevant and equivalent qualification/experience
· Management experience in an NHS environment
· Computer literate with knowledge of CAFM systems and all Microsoft Office packages.
· A sound knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Construction Design and Management Regulations and other relevant statutory requirements will be required.
· Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of technical and estates and building
· issues in the provision of construction, maintenance and FM services
· ONC or National Certificate in relevant area
· HNC/HND in a relevant area
· MEWP Training IPAF
· Additional AP including:
· HTM-02 Authorised Persons for Medical Gas Pipelines Systems (MGPS)
· HTM-03 Authorised Persons for specialist Ventilations Systems
· HTM-06-(02)(03) Authorised Persons for LV and/or HV
· Authorised Persons for Mechanical Systems
· BOAS Systems
· ACoP L8 – Responsible Persons for Legionella
· Confined Spaces Authorised Persons
ENGIE Benefits Include:
· Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
· Life Insurance
· Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
· Employee personal & professional development profile
· Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under 'employee sign in' to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Jul 20, 2021