Application Developer - Leeds
Leeds (City and Borough of Leeds) IT development
ENGIE is a global leader in low-carbon energy supply and services. Along with over 100,000 employees worldwide, customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed to accelerating the transition to a carbon-neutral world through more energy efficient and environmentally friendly solutions.
ENGIE’s 1,000 employees in the UK are actively engaged in helping the Group reach net-zero carbon by 2045. We have been active in the UK energy market for over 20 years and our investments are in renewable energy (solar, wind, hydro, biogas) and storage, whilst supplying energy to organisations of all sizes. Some of our major businesses include First Hydro and Storengy.
We are shaping the future of responsible business by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet. If you’re excited about making an impact, we invite you to join our journey to build tomorrow’s low carbon energy systems and meet the challenges of climate change.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Senior Application Developer to be based in Leeds is a Permanent role working 37 hours per week. Working is flexible in relation to office attendance (1-2 days per week) and standard office hours (8:30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 4:30pm Friday) are expected. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
Purpose of the Role
The primary purpose of the role is to apply, enable, advise and assure software design and development for new build, enhancement/maintenance and operational support (incident and problem) of a broad range of Internal and Customer-facing applications falling within the remit of the team.
· Application lifecycle covering development, testing, deployment, support and maintenance
· Predictive (Plan Driven) e.g. Waterfall, and Adaptive (Iterative/Agile) methodologies e.g. SCRUM, Kanban
· Software and Project governance models that control quality of outcomes
· Software design techniques and principals
· Software testing approaches, tools and techniques across a range of test phases
· Database design and technologies e.g. SQL Server, Document DB (CosmosDB / MongoDB)
· Automation techniques and tools (for deployment, testing etc. within the development lifecycle)
· Cloud technologies, both Azure and AWS including serverless and integration solutions such as Function Apps.
· Experience in implementing and consuming communication frameworks (Web Services, Message Queues)
· Toolsets that support the management and efficiency of the code within the Application Lifecycle e.g. Azure DevOps, CI/CD concepts, Git repositories, Jira, Confluence
· Web development, including customer journey definition and conversion to solution using the above languages as well as CSS, Angular, Bootstrap etc… (including UX research, analysis, design and evaluation)
· An appreciation of the operating models and business processes for any part of the Energy Supply & Energy Services business
· Awareness of trends and shifts in software development technologies, tools and techniques
· Self-driven improvement of own skills, but also able to support improvement of the skills of colleagues
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
· Significant experience in development software application in a commercial environment
· Significant experience in developing solutions using SDLC standards
· Significant experience in supporting and maintaining applications
· Significant experience in object oriented or/and service oriented development
· Significant experience of working in a team environment
· Experience coaching and developing others
· Experience in developing and implementing IT service processes
· Experience of working within the Utilities sector
· Suitable A-levels or equivalent
· Degree level or equivalent, preferably IT or computer science related
Relevant qualifications / certifications for supporting, maintaining and/or developing applications, eg Microsoft certifications
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package offered with this role.
Engie is an equal opportunities employer and our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background for the role.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Feb 23, 2023