Description de l'offre
Based in Canary Wharf, London, the GEM UK team provides trading services for several internal and external clients in the UK. The team provides full marketing, optimisation and hedging, market operations and analytics services for these clients and also provides commercial valuation modelling in the UK and Ireland.
The V&A team is seeking motivated, numerate, commercially driven individuals with specific proven analytical capability and direct knowledge of GB energy markets and/or the GB power system gained in any of the following areas:
· Balancing services or network analysis for power system operators;
· Power/Gas market fundamental analytical support for energy trading teams;
· Regulatory analysis and development for GB energy market participants;
· Generation asset optimisation for GB generation asset owners;
· Valuation of non-standard energy products.
· provide relevant and innovative analysis that enhances decision making, positively impacting value for our clients;
· recognise the importance of customer service, providing responsive solutions to our clients’needs;
· articulate results efficiently in a manner that engages the audience.
Successful candidates will be educated to at least degree level in a numerate discipline and will demonstrate outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills. An understanding of the Regulatory landscape for GB energy markets will be an advantage.
A key internal client is First Hydro, the largest pumped hydro facility in the UK which specialises in delivering key flexibility services to the UK System Operator. Driving value for this First Hydro is a particularly exciting aspect of this role.
Numerate, commercially driven, successful candidates will exhibit several of the following skills:
· Manipulation and simplification of very large data sets;
· Numerical and mathematical modelling techniques;
· Coded solutions to complex problems;
· Production of decision support tools;
· Technical understanding of the UK Power system.