The Global Energy Management (GEM) UK Valuation and Analysis team are expanding!
Based in Canary Wharf, London, the GEM UK team provides trading services for a number of internal and external clients in the UK. The team provides full marketing, optimisation and hedging, market operations and analytics services for these clients and also provides commercial valuation modelling in the UK and Ireland.
The V&A team are seeking motivated, numerate, commercially driven individuals with a range of skills to join our team. We would welcome applicants with strong, proven capabilities in any of the following areas:
• Manipulation and simplification of very large data sets;
• Numerical and mathematical modelling techniques;
• Coded solutions to complex problems;
• Technical understanding of the UK Power system.
The successful candidates will:
• provide relevant and innovative analysis that enhances decision making, positively impacting value for our clients
• recognise the importance of customer service, providing responsive solutions to our clients’ needs
• articulate results efficiently in a manner that engages the audience
The successful candidate will have relevant experience in one or more of these areas:
• Financial modelling
• Modern coding techniques
• Statistical analysis
• Option theory and price simulation
The successful candidate will be educated at least to degree level in a numerate discipline and will demonstrate outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills. An understanding of the Regulatory landscape for GB energy markets will be an advantage.
A key internal customer is First Hydro, the largest pumped hydro facility in the UK which specialises in delivering key flexibility services to the UK System Operator. Driving value for this customer is a particularly exciting aspect of this role.
On offer is a full time and permanent role which includes a competitive salary and benefits package and a great work life balance.
The closing date for applications is 24 May 2018.