ENGIE are recruiting for a AWS Supervisor to be based across 3 RAF Sites (Feltwell, Mildenhall and Lakenheath). This is permanent role, working 40 hours a week. On offer is a competitive salary and company benefits package.
You will be responsible for the delivery of additional works in support of the three main contracts on base: Fire and Life Safety, Military Family Housing and Core and proactively engage in job identification, creation, funding and delivery.
You will ensure that the Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and appropriate parts of Health & Safety and Environmental Procedures are efficiently communicated to the workforce, particularly to those engaged on activities that have been identified as likely to have significant environmental impact.
What is your Day to Day:
· Review and approve all internal funding forms (AL09) raised by the Administrators.
· Identify and Understand the Scope of Work – what is the requirement (of BOTH us and UK NFPA, AFI’s, Base Standards, British Standards. You will receive support from Technical Support – AP/AE’s).
· Appointment under CDM – clarify and understand our appointment under CDM 2015.
· CDM 2015 – prepare the Construction Phase Plan in accordance with the SOW and relevant to the size of the works if required
· clarify and understand ENGIE appointment under Temporary works
· Determine and apply permits required and technical aspects, including light logbooks, AP involvement (liaise with Technical Manager). Ensure all the necessary permits are in place (temporary works, confined space, dig, isolations, hot works etc.) ensuring that both JSP 375 and Engie processes are adhered to.
· Sub-Contractor - ensure sub-contractors have completed the Engie induction and all relevant training/qualification/competency documents are available and in date (JSP 375 Defence standards /WAH/First Aid etc).
· RAMS (are the RAMS appropriate for the works being undertaken and have they been reviewed? High risk RAMS to be reviewed by SHEQ/Technical)
· Have an understanding of the financial and commercial aspects and impacts of the work.
· Health & Safety – ensure compliance with targets and objectives set by SHEQ (MSV’s, toolbox talks, observations, near misses).
· Risks – Is a specific risk register required for the work being delivered.
· Asbestos – is asbestos present? If so, the necessary control measures need to be implemented.
· Quality - EM02 Audits to be completed monthly with the Quality Assurance Enforcing and working to the 9 ENGIE lifesaving rules which is incorporated in No Life At Risk.
· Programme all works on a works schedule, including start and end dates, and make schedule available for weekly review.
· Liaise with end user and client to ensure we meet their expectations and fulfil our contractual obligations.
· Programme the works in accordance with SHEQ – take into account any potential disruptions (e.g. schools/hangers/roads/annual leave/federal and bank holidays) and requested completion dates.
· Ensure scope of work has been fulfilled and completed to the highest standard and then complete AL09 Annex F Completion Certificate/Practical Completion Certificate/Handover.
· Handover completed works file to Admin Team.
· Liaise with QS and support with Site Visits, as required.
· Accurate Record Keeping work order trackers, database’s and Manager
· Meetings – Attend, as requested Client and Ops Meetings, Progress outcomes and actions
· Establish and maintain good customer/client relations to ensure effective delivery and quality of work.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and fluidly.
· Strong interpersonal facilitation skills.
· Project Management or Coordination
· Demonstrate good time management skills and working to deadlines.
· Temporary Works under CDM
· Asbestos Awareness
· PASMA / IPAF
· UK and or US Safety standards
· Knowledge of JSP 375 Skilled Persons Requirements
· Excellent IT skills with Microsoft applications and any other in-house system required to carry out the role (SAP/AIMS/MAXIMO).
· Adhere to all internal and external processes, procedures and regulations.
· Full UK Driving Licence
· A willingness to learn and develop.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
· Posting Date: Apr 4, 2021