ENGIE are recruiting for a Accounts Payable Team Member to be based in Newcastle, NE12 8EX. This is a 6 months fixed term, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
You'll deliver an effective and efficient, best in class payables service including the processing and recording of financial transactions in a high volume transaction services environment and in line with agreed SLAs.
· Deliver the expenses processing and payments service
· Provide the main point of contact on all purchase to pay queries
· Operate the Subcontractor qualification process ensuring compliance with HMRC CIS Subcontract regulation
· Operate the registering, scanning, processing and storing of inbound documents / subcontractor certificates received by the team
· Manage incoming invoices including managing post/email attachments, ensuring/driving supplier compliance, invoice scanning, invoice input to header level, daybooks, XML invoicing, managing upload of comms invoices i.e. BT
· Invoice processing including invoice logging and inputting, invoice matching to POs, workflow creation, reviewing of pending invoices, upload of invoice data and inputting urgent documents, manage invoice tolerances
· Managing outstanding, aged items
· Schedule and process payments (hand off to Treasury Team for authorisation)
· AP reporting
· Perform supplier statement reconciliations
· Reconciliations and period end close activities
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Experience in operating in large teams in transaction processing environment
· Experience in AP and Expenses processing
· Understanding of transactional tax issues in P2P context
· Knowledge in HMRC CIS subcontractor requirements
· Strong understanding of scanning, processing and payment systems
· Excellent problem solving, analytical and customer service skills
· Good planning and administration skills
· Good communication skills
· Working knowledge of ERP system
· Scanning system
· Procurement card system
· MS Office including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
ENGIE Benefits Include:
· Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
· Life Insurance
· Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
· Employee personal & professional development profile
· Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Apr 6, 2021