ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Team member to be based at the ENGIE Shared Service Centre, NE12 8EX. This is a full-time, fixed-term position for 9 months to deliver an effective and efficient, best-in-class payables service. On offer is a salary of £18,000 per annum and high-quality benefits package.
The role is required to:
· Deliver a best-in-class Accounts Payable service, including expenses processing and payments
· Provide the main point of contact on all purchase to pay queries
· Provide high standards of customer service, consistency with service level agreements and operational compliance
The key responsibilities and duties are:
· Processing and recording financial transactions in a high-volume transaction services environment.
· Operate the Subcontractor qualification process using expert knowledge ensuring compliance with HMRC CIS Subcontract regulation
· Operate the registering, scanning, processing and storing of inbound documents/subcontractor certificates received by the team
· Manage incoming invoices including managing post/email attachments, ensuring/driving supplier compliance, invoice scanning, invoice input to header level, daybooks, XML invoicing, managing upload of comms invoices i.e. BT
· Invoice processing including invoice logging and inputting, invoice matching to POs, workflow creation, reviewing of pending invoices, upload of invoice data and inputting urgent documents, manage invoice tolerances
· Resolve internal/external queries including printing e-mail attachments, handle routine calls to completion, first level email/CRM query resolution and CRM management of all queries involving the hold and chase team for resolution of complex queries
· AP reporting
Owing to the Covid19 outbreak, ENGIE have been making some adjustments to support you through your candidate journey while keeping you as safe as possible.
All interviews will take place online via video chat or over the phone (platform alteration will be made accordingly) and we are making sizeable provisions in order to support those who can work from home. In the instances where it is absolutely necessary to visit the site and for key workers, all social distancing measures will be strictly observed.
Our dedicated recruitment team is committed to making your job application as stress-free as possible during this time of unprecedented instability, so we encourage you to contact us with any queries you have about the future of your career here at ENGIE.
Desired Qualifications, Skills or Required Experience:
· Experience in operating in large teams in a transaction processing environment
· Experience in AP and Expenses processing
· Understanding of transactional tax issues in P2P context
· Knowledge in HMRC CIS subcontractor requirements
· Excellent problem solving, analytical and customer service skills
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role.
ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under 'employee sign-in' to apply for this role.
· Posting Date: Feb 23, 2021