Job Title: 4 th Class Stationary Engineer
Province/State: Ontario and Quebec
City: National Capital area (Ottawa/Gatineau)
Position Status: Permanent, Full time
ENGIE Services is seeking to hire a Stationary Engineer (4 th Class) as part of a Major District Energy Business in the National Capital Region. The project is a 35-year mandate for the operation and maintenance of a critical district heating and cooling plant network servicing governmental buildings in the Ottawa and Gatineau area. ENGIE (formerly GDF SUEZ) employs 154,950 people worldwide
ENGIE Services is a provider of energy efficiency, facility management services and outsourcing solutions for companies and communities. Our experts design, develop and manage tailored, smart and sustainable solutions for our customers’ benefit from airports to office parks, industrial sites and District Heating & Cooling Networks.
ENGIE Services operates 320 heating and cooling systems around the world in response to the long-term comfort needs (heating and air-conditioning) of both public and private sectors, at the same time as protecting the environment. A world market leader for three decades, the Group continues to expand its presence in Asia, the Middle East and North America.
Find out more at:
www.engie.com or www.engie.com/en/businesses/district-heating-cooling-systems
Performs maintenance and repairs to all equipment located in three (3) 1 st Class heating and cooling plants as part of a large District Energy System (DES) in an efficient and safe manner as part of the maintenance team. Performs Plant operations on shift as a relief operator. Carries out all other duties as assigned. The DES comprises of several Stationary Engineers which brings on exciting career advancement opportunities.
· Performs maintenance and repairs on Plant equipment (Boilers, controls, chillers, pumps, HVAC, steam systems, tunnel equipment, Energy Transfer Stations (ETS), etc)
· Tests of Power Plant equipment; maintains and cleans Plant machinery, equipment and building during operations;
· As per applicable regulations and during the hours of work/shifts, must execute required operations and maintain performances of Power Plant machinery & equipment including gas/oil fired boilers, fired boilers, 6000kw turbogenerator, back pressure turbine/chilled water plant, electric motor, fan pump, air compressor, pipe monitors/adjusts equipment, diesel, generator, biomass boilers fuel/ash handling equipment.
· Takes readings; maintains logs; checks combustion level in boiler, proper mixture of fuel and air, and boiler water.
· Performs start-up procedure; receives information relevant to previous shift; sets up charts on meters, controls and related systems and records initial readings; starts up and shuts down turbogenerators and boilers when necessary.
· A valid (TSSA Certified) 4 th Class Engineering certification
· A good mechanical comprehension
· A strong work ethic and a professional attitude
· Able to pass all background checks and obtain a security clearance as per client Government of Canada requirements
· Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
· A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation
· A diverse workplace regarding gender, age and cultural background
· Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Equal employment opportunity:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted elected candidates will be contacted.
· Posting Date: Jan 29, 2021