ENGIE are currently recruiting for a Senior Service engineer to join their team within the Oncology wing at St James Hospital, Leeds, LS9 7TF.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful applicant will be expected to provide a customer facing, highly responsive maintenance service to the Leeds Oncology wing as well as undertake a wide range of planned maintenance tasks.
This is a full time, permanent position working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern consisting of day shift (06:00-18:00) and night shift (18:00-06:00).
What is your day to day?
• Carry out maintenance, repairs, testing and inspection of building, mechanical and electrical services, associated systems, plant and equipment in accordance with relevant standards and operational procedures.
• Be able to test, maintain, service and repair a wide range of building services such as Steam & Condense systems, heating and domestic water services, air conditioning plant etc.
• Carry out duties in accordance with safe working practices within statutory NHS Trust and company guidelines.
• Have an awareness of the operational procedures and safe working practices of major items of plant and systems as described above
• Maintain records and complete service reports as appropriate.
• Carry out installation work involved in minor upgrading and adaptation works.
• Assist other skilled trades in carrying out maintenance, repairs, testing, inspection and installation work to increase the lifecycle of mechanical items.
• Undertake training to maintain and develop skills in line with the requirements of the service.
• Collaborate and co-operate with the Trust, partners and colleagues to deliver a customer focussed service.
• Act as Competent or Authorised Person as directed and appointed.
• Liaise and undertake duties at other healthcare projects as directed.
• Undertake overtime/work unsocial able hours as required to maintain the service
Who are you?
• Qualified time served engineer with minimum 3 years post apprenticeship experience required,
• Healthcare experience desirable but not essential
• Cross-trade experience advantageous.
• Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Who are we?
ENGIE employs 17,000 people in the UK and over 160,000 worldwide, achieving revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018
What’s in it for you?
This is a full time, permanent position. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
• Life Insurance
• Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
• Employee personal & professional development profile
• Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to apply! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Apr 27, 2021