Health and Safety Intern
Organization: Legal - Spokane, WA
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution. Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally.
Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow?
To be considered for this position, please attach a Resume and Cover Letter.
ENGIE Impact is seeking a motivated intern/military intern who is ready to apply the knowledge of basic health and safety practices and processes in a fast-paced, real-world environment. The intern/military intern will perform various tasks such as assisting with the implementation of health and safety requirements, identifying workplace hazards, conducting inspections, analyzing data, and making recommendations to improve the overall quality of our work spaces. This position is on-site based out of the Spokane, WA. office.
· Provide support for the implementation of required health and safety measures.
· Investigate the workplace for uncontrolled hazards.
· Assess the risk of identified workplace hazards.
· Assist with employee training and tracking.
· Help plan and design crisis response actions.
· Support injury prevention by conducting ergonomic assessments.
· Estimate costs and benefits of multiple actions and/or solutions and provide recommendations.
· Help launch new initiatives.
· May perform additional projects as needed.
Do you tick all the boxes?
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of sustainability transition . Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
· Working towards a Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Public Health or other undergraduate degree
· Minimum 3.0 GPA
· Miltary training or certification in Health and Safety or Emergency Response
· High School Diploma or GED
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
· Posting Date: Apr 30, 2021