ENGIE are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Customer Service Advisor with great attention to detail to join our team in Leeds, LS11 9SP on a full time permanent basis. The position is currently home based and will include evening and weekend shifts. If you’re the type of person who is logical, confident in their approach and loves to be a part of a team who support each other - this could be the role for you!
What is your day to day?
The main purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive administrative support to the Manager and team
managing escalations of calls, ensuring these are kept to a minimum. You will also ensure out of hours repairs are undertaken in a timely manner by the most appropriate tradesperson.
Some duties may include but will not be limited too:
• Providing both logistic and moral support and ensure that remote staff are kept up-to-date with events surrounding their working environment and that they are fully briefed with any news relating to ENGIE.
• Telephone management for the Department, screening and redirecting calls to appropriate areas, dealing with enquiries from both internal & external customers by phone.
• Monitoring information from Frontline/Operatives & forward details to individual Contract Departments.
Who are you?
· Excellent telephone skills
· Friendly, wiling to undertake various assignments
· Effective communication at all levels
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office packages & Bespoke packages
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you would have the opportunity to develop your career and add real value from the outset. Also, on offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Who are we?
ENGIE provides market-leading products and support to our energy and services customers to optimise the use of buildings and drive down energy costs, contributing to ENGIE’s wider ambition of helping society and businesses to Make Zero Carbon Happen.
ENGIE employs 17,000 people in the UK and over 160,000 worldwide, achieving revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018
ENGIE Benefits Include:
Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
Employee personal & professional development profile
Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to apply! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Apr 30, 2021