Part Time Intern
Edge of Belgravia is looking for a systematic and organised intern with excellent copy writing skills for a part time internship. The salary is 500 per month for about 50 effective hours per month, about 2.5h per day. Flexible arrangement could be found. More hours also possible.
Edge of Belgravia is a fast growing housewares brand launched in London in 2010. The idea is art for the kitchen and the firm strives to develop housewares with pioneering futuristic design. The main office is based on St James Square, London.
The role is independent with meetings/ follow-up / guidance with the CEO once per day. The role is varied but the main tasks include:
1. Leading the firm social media and PR initiative. Part of the role will be responsibility for firm’s social media effort, especially Instagram, youtube, twitter and facebook. You will also develop the firm’s affiliate marketing effort online.
2. Co-ordinate the update of the website and if good a copy-writing help with the text as well as organising future photo-shoots.
3. Reach out to bloggers and influencers (identify, quality check and contact) Target (min): 60 per month (Access to Cision for media contacts)
4. Content generation - come up with new ideas and carry out the ideas. For example, reach out to chefs or celebrities for video creation, reviews etc.
5. Draft 1 short article in response to journalist requests on Haro (journalist content tool) every two weeks
Key traits appreciated for the role:
• Positive and enthusiastic – tries to find solutions to problems
• Systematic and organised –takes notes and makes lists
• Patient and tenacious –is not discouraged by set-backs and rejection
• Self-starter and proactive – does not need constant supervision
• Good writing skills – masters formal English without being dull
• Knowledge of web-design, Instagram and twitter
• Familiarity with Excel, word and powerpoint
Need to be native English speaker. Need to like writing but also be patient and systematic.