Essential Job Functions
· VMware Skills preferred – ESXi Builds, Troubleshooting, Patching, Support Uplifts and Migration.
· Ideally, candidate must preferably have hands on experience in working in enterprise migration projects and involvement in planning, design, POC, Pilot and implementation phases of various migration methods.
· Thorough technical knowledge of Windows platform (Windows, AD, VMware and/or Hyper – V).
· Must be able to demonstrate deep technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Expertise on Windows heterogeneous platform environments, including MS Clustering, NLB, Backup operations, Terminal Services, Patching and Activation.
· Deep technical skills on Microsoft Core components are mandatory (DNS, DHCP, WINS).
· Good hands on experience on Enterprise class x86 servers (HP, IBM & DELL) are mandatory.
· Good fundamentals and technical hands on experience on Active Directory.
· Willingness to develop strong competencies in Windows platform support.
· Knowledge of scripting platforms vbscript, powershell will be a plus.
· Excellent understanding of ITSM\ITIL processes and certification will be added advantage.
· Good communication and interpersonal skill are mandatory.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
· Three or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
· Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
· Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
· Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
· Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and multitask
· Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
· Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment
· May require on-call, shift, weekend and evening work