Essential Job Functions
· Knowledge and experience in Migration methodologies and Migration tools like Double Take, Platespin, Zerto or related industrywide deployment tools.
· Thorough technical knowledge of UNIX platform (Solaris, RHEL/SuSE).
· Must be able to demonstrate deep technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Expertise on UNIX heterogeneous platform environments, including Clustering, Backup operations, Hardware , Patching and Activation.
· Technical skills on Network components are preferred (DNS, DHCP, TCP).
· Good hands on experience on Enterprise class x86 servers/Blades (HP, IBM & DELL) are mandatory.
· Good fundamentals and technical hands on experience on UNIX troubleshooting.
· Willingness to develop strong competencies in UNIX platform support.
· Knowledge of Shell scripting / Python/Ansible will be a plus.
· Excellent understanding of ITSM\ITIL processes and certification will be added advantage.
· Good communication , team building and interpersonal skill are mandatory
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
· Three or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
· Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
· Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
· Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
· Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and multitask
· Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
· Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment
· May require on-call, shift, weekend and evening work