Manage , implement and strategize the design, development and implementation of customization and enhancements using ABAP Programming; through the development, establishment and implementation of projects with customization and enhancement which is not limited to the following areas Material Management (MM), Plant Maintenance (PM), Production Planning (PP), Sales & Distribution (SD), Finance (FI), Controlling (CO), Human Resources (HR) and Warehouse Management (WM) enhancement framework by covering its functionalities, integrated solutions and capabilities in order to achieve efficient operability, compliance and sustains productivity thus enhancing the value creation for Division business through IT innovation and support the business to attain operational excellence.
SAP Applications Development Support
· Identify and confirm system requirements from business users based on functional specifications given.
· Implement approved SAP application development change requests and/or projects.
· Provide solution and/or optimization to ensure the program’s performance are optimized.
· Aware of developments in various SAP modules and service interruptions.
· Develop, maintain and support SAP ABAP programs which include reports, interfaces, enhancements, forms, and conversion programs.
· Perform the detailed design of application and technical architecture components.
· Configure, build, and test the application or technical architecture components.
· Work with other developers and other SAP team to make sure that the developments and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals.
· Follow good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
· Participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture components to the testers.
· Develop common test data.
· Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
· Document the application to facilitate maintenance.
· May be required to work on pre-defined shift plans and/or be on standby for operations support.
· Support the transition team in ensuring that all technical knowledge is captured. Ensure that the site operation teams are fully trained to support the site infrastructure. Perform job shadowing and go-live preparations.
Service Management and Continuous Improvements
· Review information, incidents, problems and analysis collected and escalated by SAP Service Desk team. Perform additional analysis of incidents and problems. Resolve the incidents and problems.
· Escalate incidents and problems, as necessary, to the appropriate team or vendor, while actively retaining ownership of the incident on behalf of the users. Notify users of resolutions.
· Seek opportunities, develop and maintain knowledge of business processes, and various SAP modules functionality and configuration. Receptive to performance and developmental feedback.
· Deliver SAP application development work within agreed service levels and budgetary guidelines defined in the Service Level Agreement.
· Adhere to GSC IT support procedures, policies and guidelines.
· Implement operational continuous improvement, service efficiency initiatives, application improvement, and application rationalization to better serve Sime Darby business needs.
· Perform regular reviews and analysis of Problem Management data to highlight causes of frequent or high impact failures and suggest preventative action.
· Enter SAP application development solutions into the knowledge database.
· Prepare the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) required for the effectiveness and quality of the services provided.
· Assist Team Lead / Assistant Team Lead to scope enhancement request requirements and advice users accordingly on all systems requests and support.
· Assist Team Lead / Assistant Team Lead to provide technical advice and guidance to functional teams on ABAP requirements.
· Share ideas and experience with team members and promote teamwork in problem resolution. Share best-practices and cross-train other team members in SAP application development skills.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Recognized Diploma or Degree, majoring in the area of Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or Engineering related fields or equivalent experiences.
· 5 or more years of related working experience in SAP Support environment and/or SAP project implementation in the areas of ABAP and/or S/4 HANA ABAP Programming.
· Have a minimum of 2 to 3 project cycle experience in ABAP Development
· Keep abreast with SAP technology advancements and developments and have the ability to understand and utilise new technology.
· ABAP Programming Knowledge in the areas of SAP (FI/Co, BPC, HR, ESS/MSS, SD, MM, PM, PP and WM)
· ABAP Programming Knowledge in IS-Automotive (VMS and Warranty) will be an added advantage
· Knowledge and understanding in the following areas:-
· Software development and testing methodologies.
· ABAP programming language for Reports, Interfaces, Enhancements and Forms, or any comparable programming language.
· BADIs, User Exits, Data Dictionary, RFCs, BAPIs, ALE, IDOCs, BDCs, Screen Painter, Menu Painter, SAPScripts, SmartForms, Queries, BSP, etc.
· SAP PI / PO.
· HR ABAP Programming
· ABAP Web-Dynpro
· Java Web-Dynpro (would be beneficial for future SAP Development)
· Experience in either SAP ECC and/or S/4 HANA
· ITIL v 4 certified will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills:
· Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Strong communication skills
· Good organizational skills
· Possesses technical and analytical skills in systems customization and configurations, forms and reports development on SAP applications.
· ABAP/4 development experience will be an added advantage.