DXC Technology runs mission-critical systems with the latest technology innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness, and experiences for our customers.
This role is in support of DXC’s travel and transportation clients, supporting international air carriers in the Americas. The systems in scope are ultra-high performance, cloud-native products using the latest technologies.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position will be responsible for introduction of process, tools, and methodologies to support the software development life cycle in an Agile environment for multiple high availability applications for the client.
The Release Manager is responsible for executing an overall software release plan:
· Provides oversite and guidance to the integration team
· Communicates to and ensures upstream and downstream applications/systems that may be impacted are prepared for changes contained in the release
· Follows and embraces DevOps standards
· Builds processes for in scope IT environments for which the applications must adhere, use, and are deployed during the execution of the software changes including naming standards
· Communicate the Release Execution plan and results to all impacted teams including DXC and client leadership.
Qualifications and Skills
· 2+ years of experience as a Release Engineer supporting Java and .NET applications in a cloud environment; using DevOps
· 2+ years of experience in coordinating large complex software projects with multiple upstream/downstream application dependencies including internal, 3rd party and client systems
· Experience with software version control and build management processes and tools
· Experience coordinating with matrixed IT teams to establish secure environments consisting of various infrastructure, connectivity, networks, and ITIL based tools and processes for ongoing run operations
· Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD processes
· Ability to handle multiple teams and tasks simultaneously
· Create and/or analyze use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
· Collaborate closely with development team to meet deadlines and be flexible to rescheduled milestones
· Provide support and documentation
Exposure to airline reservation systems or eCommerce applications
· Team player
· Independent thinker
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
· Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on the company’s success