· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Creates and implements project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for one or more small to medium sized projects. Prepares detailed statements of work and gains concurrence and approval from stakeholders regarding various project aspects and adjusts accordingly. Participates in delivery assurance reviews to ensure adherence to project management policies and procedures.
· Assists in the staffing of projects. Organizes project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Participates in work as applicable.
· Manages costs, schedules and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensures schedule and budget are met.
· Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies possible project risks. Recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
· Interfaces with team members and stakeholders to manage changes to the project which may involve changes to technical requirements, business requirements and schedule.
· Manages client, company and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing and monitoring project metrics.
· Oversees assigned personnel for projects. Assigns work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of project.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, engineering or related field preferred
· Three or more years of experience in project management
· Experience working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
· Experience working with delivery assurance principles and appropriate procedures relevant to area
· Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
· Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
· Good communication skills
· Interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
· Creative thinking and problem solving skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
· Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
· Ability to manage multiple small to medium sized projects
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment
· Frequent evening or weekend work