· Job Description:
General Ledger Accountant
Job description summary
Prepares analysis, reviews, validates and reconciles various records, financial reports and statements. Performs complex financial analyses to summarize current and projected company financial position. Plans, conducts, and participates in analysis of complex cost assignments, ensuring that all assigned projects adhere to accepted cost accounting standards.
Essential Job Functions
· Prepares and posts more complex journal entries for company accounts ensuring information is accurate and up to date.
· Reconciles balance sheet and income statement accounts to general ledger; researches more complex discrepancies and determines appropriate course of action. Prepare complex bank reconciliations, journal entries, and expense analyses.
· Develops spreadsheets for account analysis and journal entries in order to keep records organized and standardized.
· Participates in more complex special projects such as accounting complex software updates in order to provide expertise.
· Coordinates, prepares, consolidates, submits, and distributes monthly financial statements in order to provide management with information on financial accounts.
· Educates internal clients on more complex accounting principles when necessary.
· Conducts more complex studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation to management.
· Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
· May provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
· Five or more years of accounting or finance experience
· Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
· Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with less experienced accountants and support personnel
· Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management • Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
· Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· 5 weeks of vacation
· Flexible start/end of working hours
· Home office policy
· Meal vouchers
· MultiSport card
· Benefit Plus