· Job Description:
Develops and maintains the integrity of the software and documentation throughout the life cycle of the project or task. Recommends revisions or alternatives as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions
· Develops and maintains account/region standards and procedures to ensure that configuration management controls are capable of supporting deployment activities and implementations to meet business needs. Identifies issues, recommends revisions and escalates as appropriate.
· Interprets configuration management activities and tools as defined for the account and applies them to project activities. Works with the project manager to develop configuration management plans, milestones, and schedules for projects. Suggests alternatives as appropriate.
· Decomposes configuration items into appropriate configuration units to define the technical components required to satisfy the specified requirements of the project or tasks.
· Ensures version control integrity for software and non-software components by establishing permissions and protecting environments for code libraries.
· Audits configuration management activities by validating results against the baseline. Reports findings to project manager, recommending revisions as appropriate.
· Develops technical installation guidelines and other documentation of hardware and software standards to facilitate tracking. Assists customers and support personnel in understanding product configuration.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems, or related field preferred
· Three or more years of configuration analysis experience
· Experience working with distributed computer systems, software and associated communication networks
· Experience working with networking principles and local area networks
· Experience working with company software and hardware products
· Good skills in configuring and installing various operating systems and application software
· Good communication skills to interact with team members, customers, and support personnel
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve technological problems
· Basic leadership skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment