Essential Job Functions
· Bills customers in a timely and accurate manner. Ensures more complex bills are in compliance with appropriate contracts, guidelines and regulations. Identifies issues, researches same and remedies as appropriate. Identifies additional revenues and creates appropriate invoices.
· Reconciles unbilled receiveables on a scheduled basis. Researches and analyzes information to determine appropriate course of action including recreating or revising bills. Recommends changes to enhance process and implements same.
· Reviews various reports such as aged receivables to identify unpaid invoices. Determines appropriate course of action to collect payments and implements same. Creates and develops reports based on needs; analyzes information for trends or issues and recommends changes.
· Maintains and updates billing folders in accordance with established guidelines. Recommends additional procedures for file maintenance.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
· Three or more years of experience in accounting, finance or related field
· Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
· Experience working with contacts including government contracts and customer invoicing
· Experience working with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and it's requirements
· Experience working with electronic invoice submission
· Experience working with automated ad hoc query tools
· Personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment