· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
Senior level Mainframe Networking Software systems programmer skills.
Skills include :
· Ability to install, upgrade, customize, configure, and maintain Mainframe Networking Software (VTAM, TCPIP, TN3270, FTP, CSSMTP,
· Printing programs like VPS and CA-SPOOL, Connect Direct, NetMaster, and Session Managers).
· Ability to provide second & third level customer support, problem determination, and service requests for network related problems.
· Ability to collect and diagnose problems working with vendor support staff.
· Ability to work on disaster recovery tests.
· Ability to support data center workload migrations.
· Ability to support network connections to other sites and companies.
· Ability to provide VTAM and TCP/IP performance and tuning as needed.
· Coordinate certificate and network file transfer encryptions (FTPS, SFTP) working with TCP/IP Policy Agent.
· Coordinate Open Systems Adapter (OSA) implementations and change with OS support group and networking engineers.
· Have an overview understanding of other networking equipment (Routers, Switches, VLANs, Firewalls) and the ability to work with their support staff to diagnose problems.
· Understand the various interfaces to other mainframe application (IMS, CICS, IDMS, DB2, NJE, MQ/Series, Websphere, etc ) and provide consulting to other mainframe teams on networking issues.
· Understand ACF2/RACF/Top Secret as it relates to Mainframe Networking Software installation and support.
· SMPE installation/maintenance of products from IBM and other vendors.
· z/OS fundamentals (JCL, TSO/ISPF, REXX, SMF, started tasks, EREP, PARMLIB, LINKLIST, APF, WLM, Automated Operations, OMVS/ISHELL/Unix).
· Must be able to work with staff in geographically diverse locations.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, management information systems, systems engineering or related field preferred
· Three or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems programming, or naval architecture.
· Experience working with computer hardware, operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in one or more areas
· Experience working with one or more structured programming languages
· Experience working with hardware or software design methods and processes
· Experience working with design principles and applications
· Basic analytical and creative problem solving skills for creation and testing of software systems
· Basic organization skills to balance and prioritize work
· Basic communication skills to provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
· Basic interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to integrate hardware and software systems
· Office environment