· Job Description:
Euler Hermes and DXC have partnered to create a center of services for software maintenance and development in Bulgaria. Teams in the development center located in Sofia will work with EH colleagues in Paris to deliver critical technology programs and projects that support EH’s strategic goals. The main area of project work will involve systems and functions for the Credit Insurance business within Euler Hermes.
About DXC: DXC leads clients on their digital transformation journey, providing innovative next-generation technology solutions and services that leverage deep industry expertise, global scale, technology independence and an extensive partner community. Our people help commercial and international public sector clients solve their toughest challenges by modernizing their business processes, applications and infrastructure with next-generation technology solutions.
About Euler Hermes: Euler Hermes, a member of Allianz, is the world’s leading credit insurer with a 36% share of the market, addressing + 52,000 customers, with + 6000 employees in more than 50 countries. Euler Hermes’ strategy and objectives are focused on its customers’ success, and is determined to understand specific business needs and support the long-term success for its diverse customers, as Euler Hermes addresses small businesses and multinational companies. In this B2B market, going through this sensitive time of economic constraints, claims management is a key area where Euler Hermes has to deliver customer high satisfaction to address higher expectations from its customers, while driving a cost controlling approach.
Application Development role in the EH / DXC Dev Service Center. The team is working on project to provision corrective and evaluative maintenance services linked to the applications named Group Ticketing - mostly dedicated to managing the calls from EH Customers and assigning their requests to the right level of support and EPF (Exchange Platform) is an ETL (“Exchange Transform Load”) that enables to manage the flows between CRM applications and other Group applications.
The critical skills required to support the delivery of these projects include core Java, JEE, Web Services, JSP. Candidates will work with an international team and will operate effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. In return we offer a market leading compensation and benefits package, a unique opportunity to work with leading edge technology in a collaborative multinational team enabling business capabilities that are critical to the functioning of global credit insurance market.
The responsibilities include:
· Design, development, testing and releasing to production of new functionality through the stack across a number of technologies and components.
· Lead by example by delivering work and demonstrating behaviors to high standards.
· Effectively coach team members utilizing key development tools to maximize performance, whilst encouraging and promoting talent & development.
· Ensure that work is of the required quality by listening to calls/reviewing work and providing feedback.
· Assists with analyzing and writing software specifications
· Estimates workload, designs and develops new software and enhancements to existing software applications. Recommends changes to client software based on information such as client feedback, language changes and new technology
Essential Skills: (Must have skills)
· 3+ years of Java application development experience in a professional environment
· Strong Java development skills. Experience with Spring and Hybernate frameworks
· Strong knowledge of system architecture patterns and object-oriented design (OOD)
· Excellent multi-threaded server-side Java development and concurrent programming.
· Experience with Web Services and MQ Series
· Experience designing and building scalable, high performance applications
· Experience with relational databases (e.g., Oracle)
· Troubleshooting and debugging skills
· Experience with requirements gathering and analysis
· Experience with Agile/Scrum development cycle
· Strong analytical capability and aptitude
· Excellent written and spoken English
Supplementary Experience: (Useful additional skills)
· Experience working on insurance projects
· Ability to liaise directly with business users during bug/problem resolution
· Delivery/solution orientated individual, self-motivated and strong team player.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and time management skills.
· High level of attention to detail coupled with good energy levels.
· Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well both independently and within a team split across multiple centers
· Highly motivated to succeed
· Willingness to participate in team knowledge sharing exercises
· Able to conduct technical knowledge share sessions
· Balances multiple competing demands