· Job Description:
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.
Provide expertise for IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, network), application infrastructure (e.g. SAP), and related services (e.g. Business Continuity) throughout the lifecycle of a deal in accordance with contractually established terms and conditions and established technical standards. Provides technical input, solutions, and recommendations to deal pursuit. Engaged in and provides support for transition/transformation efforts. Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards, and customers and/or internal businesses/end user requirements. Provides IT infrastructure and/or application infrastructure lifecycle technical support, including planning, project management, installation, on-going management/monitoring/troubleshooting, and de-installation, following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards (e.g. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)). Manages the technical/service relationship between the company and the customer, and between the company and subcontractors/vendors. Works with the key customers and/or internal businesses/end user representatives (Infrastructure Support Managers, Client Manager and the Account Delivery Manager) to retain customers and build the business. ITO Service Delivery work is generally performed remotely from the company facility, but may be performed at the customer’s location when required/justified.
· Identify performance issues proactively.
· Provides support for non- standard or specialized systems including proactive and reactive troubleshooting.
· Works within strict time scales and elevates incidents within defined time windows.
· Uses proactive monitoring procedures/tools to identify problem prevention opportunities.
· Apply technical knowledge to eliminate recurring incidents.
· Configure system hardware, software and network components to meet established standards with assistance.
· Perform installations, configurations including security and patch deployment.
· Elevate discrepancies within Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to ensure customer system integrity.
· Perform routine maintenance.
· May include performing tape/backup operations.
· Understands the impact of operations delivery on the customer's business.
· Manage team's ability to meet target goals through coordination of continuous service improvement initiatives.
· Project Management:
· Contribute to project management initiatives.
· Provide subject matter expertise.
· Manage escalations off core business hours.
· Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met.
· Work effectively in a multicultural environment.
· Participate in customer visits and service reviews.
· Respond to service, product, technical, and customer-relations questions.
· Lead a small team focusing on both cost and quality management.
Education and Experience Required:
· High School Diploma or equivalent; may hold 2 year post-high school Degree (technical field); may hold Bachelor's degree.
· May hold entry level or intermediate level certification(s) in field of work.
· Typically, 6+ years of working experience in related fields.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Able to demonstrate broad knowledge of corporate policies, products/service portfolio, markets and processes.
· Thorough knowledge of administration or technical practices in relevant areas, plus application of basic theory.
· Able to apply advanced knowledge to assist in the operation of several aspects of a technology area/customer group.
· Ability to resolve or assist in the resolution of complex customer problems.
· Able to maximize systems availability in standardized customer environments.
· Able to apply basic management skills in planning, problem solving, solution innovation, analysis.
· Able to demonstrate good oral, written, and telephone communication skills.
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and support partners.
· Able to provide some proactive account management based on good understanding of the Customer's system environment and associated business needs.
· Ability to work in a team environment, which may be local, global, virtual, or multi- functional.
· Demonstrate good teamwork with peers.