· Job Description:
We are seeking a highly motivated Healthcare Data Science & Analytics Principal to lead DXC healthcare analytics and insights generation advisory services for strategic clients. The role is based in the Global DXC Healthcare and Life Sciences (HCLS) Industry Advisory Services team.
Building on your leadership and experience in the domain, you will
· help shape the data analytics strategies and execution for healthcare and life sciences clients to derive actional insights, providing subject matter expertise in data science and analytics combined with advisory skills.You will build and lead virtual teams to engage clients and execute strategies, collaborating with multiple offerings, especially with DXC Digital Health Platform and partners.Key focus areas will include RWE, healthcare operational efficiencies, patient journeys and clinicalinnovation.
· help share the internal healthcare analytics offering vision and advisory services offering based on our solutions offering
· contribute to shape the DXC Healthcare global innovation & research programs such as RWE and Precision Medicine
With 15,000 Healthcare and Life Sciences (HCLS) professionals, over 2,000 clients, 50+ years of industry experience, an unmatched 250+ partner network, and a next-generation technology focus, DXC is a leading combined Systems Integrator and Healthcare Software global vendor. DXC Technology helps Healthcare and Life Sciences clients transform and innovate in the following areas:
· Connected Healthcare Ecosystem / Digital Health Platform - Our unique position is to bring together all the pieces of the healthcare ecosystem, with a strong focus on cross sector data integration, analytics and data insights, rapid innovation.
· Digital Care Transformation / Care Suite - Software solutions and services to support hospital clinical departments and services, including Electronic Health Records, Laboratory Information System.
· Health Payer Solutions - DXC provides effective solutions for public and private payers, and for healthcare insurers.
· Government Health Solutions - Enhancing the value of publicly administered programs.
· Life Sciences - Real World Evidence and patient engagement solutions, regulatory information management,
As part of his/her varied responsibilities, the Healthcare Data Science & Analytics Principal will:
· Engage with strategic clients toidentify opportunities and determine areas where data science and analytics technics and services can introduce efficiencies, optimize outcomes and foster innovationfor academic healthcare providers, payers, pharmaceutical and medical devices companies.
· Help clients to design their data science strategies and plans.
· Design use case centric solutions based on advanced analytics technologies, making use of large structured and unstructured healthcare data sets and complex algorithms. Generate insights in such a way that the clients clearly understand the quantifiable value.
· Lead and guide collaboration efforts with internal stakeholders and team members to develop new analytics services, strategic initiatives, influence product design strategy and recommend solutions.
· Support the development of fit-for-purpose solutions to promote the use of RWD for insight generation and decision-making.
· Help improve patient journeys, clinical decisions and outcomes, operational efficiency, clinical research, payer evidence and other insight needs through an advisory based approach, creating new insights and leveraging DXC Technology offering assets such as DXC Digital Health platform.
· Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criterion of client’s business, information, and technical environment for obtaining results.
· Remains current with industry trends and techniques and best in class data science tools.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Bring best practices experience to spur innovation.
· Represents DXC HCLS at industry conferences and with industry analysts.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to virtual project teams in the DXC HCLS ecosystem around above objectives.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
· PHD or Master degree inbio-engineering,computer sciences and/or related field with 10+ years of experience
· Proven experience working with healthcare providers and/or life sciences clients, in a role that involves data science and insight generation expertise.
· Consulting experience desired
· Skilled at communicating and managing expectations of senior clinical, business and technical leaders; Ability to interact with all levels including senior management and to influence decision-making.
· Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to understand client business challenges and translate into solutions
· Experience applying research driven machine learning techniques in a software development environment
· Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches and scientific methods
· Experience in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varied sources using big data integration and machine & AI tools
· Experience with healthcare data cleansing, validation and general quality control principles
· Experience with Data science platforms & solutions engineering to ease & speed up solution deployment
· Self-motivated with proven leadership ability
· Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and group facilitation skills required, with the ability to convey complex/technical information in a manner that others can understand
· Strong critical thinking skills necessary to evaluate and respond to leadership teams and related team dynamics
· Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships with key client stakeholders as well as across DXC Technology
· Proven ability to develop and execute effective actions plans
· Ability to travel up to 50%