· Job Description:
Partners with the businesses to ensure that the capital strategies are operationally supported and strategically focused to secure the greatest return on investment for the global company. Gathers financial data and performs financial analyses and reporting (e.g., profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow, pricing, etc.) to influence decisions within the business and to drive cross-business initiatives (e.g., Mergers & Acquisitions). Drives the forecasting process (weekly, monthly, and long term) by analyzing trends within the businesses and ensuring alignment with business- and corporate-wide objectives. Communicates and drives adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the organization's financial goals and policies. Has the fiduciary responsibility to represent financial results correctly both internally and externally. Ensures strong business controls.
· Provides complex, financial analysis for a financial function or a business.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with business leaders to guide and influence decision-making.
· Provides analytics to business initiatives, typically representing a sub-function within finance for a particular business.
· Supports policy and process improvement and identifies opportunities.
· Identifies issues and proposes solutions.
· Represents finance on cross- functional teams.
· Provides mentoring and guidance to analysts.
Education and Experience Required:
· First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) preferred.
· Typically 4+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
· Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
· Strong communication and influencing skills.
· Excellent teamwork skills
· Good business acumen.