· Job Description:
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.
Location: Newcastle Upon tyne, UK
The Cloud Operations Engineer focuses on operating and maintaining the cloud environments of DXC customers as per the environment design and contractual agreements.
The main goals are to deliver agile and secure managed services on cloud platforms, to continuously increase the level of automation and security, to ensure high availability of the service, and to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
The Cloud Operations Engineer is an experienced, multi-skilled professional, who can work within a small team responsible for delivering reactive and proactive operational support end-to-end in DXC-managed cloud environments.
The Cloud Operations Engineer is motivated to take strong ownership on actions, to find innovative ways to improve the services’ agility and efficiency, and to continuously gain more skills. The DXC-managed cloud environments are envisioned to mature into a DevOps delivery model.
We are hiring for a number of Cloud Operations Engineering specialists, responsibilities include:
· Supports 24x7 operations of production cloud environments
· Includes monitoring, incident response, answering service requests, and execution of changes
· Take full ownership of incoming actions and issues and drive them to resolution
· Work within a multi-skilled Cloud Operations team
· Consulting with other team members to extend your reach to get to success
· Proactively and continuously improve the service through
· driving further automation by scripting repeatable tasks
· improving monitoring metrics to detect incidents before they occur
· fixing incident root causes by contributing code fixes or design changes back to the service specifications
· Execute service requests logged by customers within scope of services
· Leverage automation tools and Infrastructure as Code tools to maintain environment and execute changes while adhering to change management process
· Understand and contribute to processes and tools used by team
· Identify areas of operations with quality deficits or automation opportunities and work to improve
· Contribute relevant automation and operation improvements back to development teams
Skills and Qualifications
· Must hold a BSc / MSc or equivalent in an IT related topic (Computer Science, Computing, IT, Business Computing) or have relevant comparable experience gained with similar role in industry.
· Trained or Experienced and Certified in cloud platforms:
· Microsoft Azure
· Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Google Cloud Platform
· Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
· Expertise in one or more of the following technical domains: Windows, Linux, Database, Storage, Networks, Scripting, Security
· Ability to learn and adapt to new frameworks/technologies and quickly integrate with them for automation service delivery
· Able to find effective workarounds to product limitations/constraints
· Team worker with strong ownership and drive
· Previous experience in infrastructure or software automation delivery
· DevOps & Agile methodology experience, working with small agile teams, is a plus
Experience with the following operational tools, concepts & technologies as required:
Work within the team to deliver a multi-skilled capability across multiple technologies and disciplines, participate in continuous upskill and training to maintain individual and team skills such as:
· Cloud systems configuration management tools
· Azure Resource Manager templates
· AWS CloudFormation
· Strong Unix/Linux scripting - bash, ksh, Python
· Strong Windows batch and PowerShell scripting
· Web Services & API integrations using REST, SOAP, Perl, PHP, HTML, XML, XSLT
· Experience with continuous configuration automation/orchestration tools
· Ansible, Chef, Puppet
· Git/Github, Jenkins
· Docker, Kubernetes
· Software Defined Networking
· Automation, monitoring and management tools such as: Azure OMS, AWS SSM, AWS CloudWatch, Monasca
· Jira Agile Project management tools
· Confluence Wiki documentation
Ability to work in shifts and ability to travel 10% or less is desirable.
To satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the candidate will be required to pass standard Criminal Records checks. Additional background checks may be required by certain customers. You will also be required to agree to DXC’s Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation, and Conflict of Interest Agreements.
DXC Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. DXC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
Posting Date: 1 August 2019
Closing Date: 30 August 2019