We are looking for a motivated Principal Solution Cloud Architect for AWS to join DXC’s AWS Professional Services team.
The DXC AWS Professional Services team enables customers’ digital transformation journeys with best practices, innovation and technical leadership for adoption of Amazon Web Services.
You will work as a member of the DXC AWS team and be responsible providing advice and technical consulting to our customers in the adoption of AWS. In addition, you will contribute to the development of standards and accelerators for architecture, design and delivery of AWS services. You will also support DXC AWS offering and service delivery teams with guidance on applying these best practices.
· Delivery of AWS technical consulting engagements for DXC customers including reference architecture definition and MVP implementation
· Technical leadership in architecture, development and deployment of AWS based solutions for DXC customers and offering teams
· Develop IP, best practices and knowledge assets to be re-usable and shared across DXC
· Participate in providing mentoring support and guidance to team members to help grow skills and capabilities of the AWS practice
· Actively contribute to a culture of high performance, innovation and continuous improvement.
Education and experience:
· 10+ years of experience in architecting, developing and deploying enterprise applications, with Amazon technology stack preferred
· 2+ years of experience in designing and deploying solutions on Amazon AWS platform and experience in workload migrations
· Experience with public cloud platforms, including design, implementation and workload migration.
· Application architecture and development experience preferred
· Amazon AWS certification strongly preferred
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Strong experience with Amazon Web Services, including adoption of AWS Native Services, Managed Services, design principles, AWS Well Architected Framework, understanding their capabilities and limitations and being able to architect and deliver solutions leveraging various AWS services
· Appropriate certifications in AWS and associated Amazon technologies
· Design and Implementation of High Availability, High Performance resilient solutions with AWS native solutions
· Strong understanding of different attributes for cloud application availability, scalability and ability to propose optimized design for cloud
· Have experience in implementing enterprise application using cloud platforms
· Experienced in working in agile/DevOps environment with continuous integration and continuous deployment and application lifecycle management with AWS native services
· Excellent articulation and communication skills
· AWS Solutions Architect, Associate
· Demonstrated experience in architecting native AWS technologies
· Understanding of Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise ITSM, and Service Management practices
· General understanding of IT Compliance like GxP, HIPPA, PCI, SOC, etc.
If you are an applicant from the United States, Guam, or Puerto Rico
DXC Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age or genetic information. DXC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment. View postings below.
We participate in E-Verify. In addition to the posters already identified, DXC provides access to prospective employees for the Federal Minimum Wage Poster, Federal Polygraph Protection Act Poster as well as any state or locality specific applicant posters . To access the postings in the link below, select your state to view all applicable federal, state and locality postings. Postings are available in English, and in Spanish, where required. View postings below.
If you are an individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or a wounded warrior and you are unable or limited in your ability to access or use this site as a result of your disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us via email .
Please note: DXC will respond only to requests for accommodations due to a disability.