DXC is hiring Automation Test Engineer in Newcastle , UK
DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.com
The Digital Transformation Centres (DTC) are expanding rapidly to meet the demand for agile driven solutions from our extensive customer base. Market leaders in offering creative, rapid and cost efficient solutioning to a multitude of business and process needs, the DTC is the ‘thinktank’ where this work is born, much of it is first of type, proof of concept innovation projects. A hub for pushing the boundaries, where innovation is encouraged and applauded, we seek to boost out team numbers from the very best and passionate staff in the UK digital market.
Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious engineer who is always ready to take on the next cutting-edge technology? If your answer is yes, you are going to fit right in with our team. We are looking for a passionate, motivated, experienced, innovative individuals who would like to be part of our vision in helping clients transform their business.
· Work with product and engineering teams to plan, develop and execute automated test suites.
· Maintain, evaluate and address issues with automated tests.
· Create and maintain reusable test data for automation scripts.
· Responsible for defect tracking, communication, and resolution.
· Maintain and optimize existing test automation frameworks.
· Develop new automation libraries adhering to software development standards.
· Continuously improve and learn by trying new test automation tools, processes, or methodologies.
· Collaborate with QA teams to ensure proper testing coverage and automation priorities.
· Implement efficient monitoring and analysis of automated test results.
· Provide scheduled progress reports to management.
· Develop effective, reusable and maintainable automated functional test framework and test cases to achieve maximum code coverage in a fast-paced agile environment.
· Integrate tests into the make/build process for continuous integration efficiency gains using frameworks such as Jenkins.
· Ensure that Automation scripts function well across all supported browsers and platforms.
· Perform manual testing of test cases as and when needed.
· Reviews automated tests and provide suggestions to improve the quality of the test.
· Communicate test results and highlight any potential quality risks.
· Hands-on experience with test management tools such as JIRA, Confluence VSTS or HP ALM is preferred.
· Experience with database development concepts, especially Microsoft SQL Server.
· Ensure test automation design is traceable to requirements or existing manual test cases and achieves a high level of requirement/test execution coverage.
· Identify and implement continual improvement initiatives to help clients improve overall quality.
· B.S. in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
· 3 - 5 years of experience with QA automation development and testing in Web, Desktop and Mobile.
· Hands-on experience with Selenium Webdriver and test automation framework.
· Demonstrated programming skills in Python, Java, or related languages.
· Hands-on experience with Jenkins.
· Hands-on experience with manual functional testing.
· Experience in automation build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems.
· Experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing.
· Experience testing all layers of a Web application, including front-end, service layer, and back-end testing.
· Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
· This role is for an individual who enjoys automation, likes challenges and can demonstrate problem solving skills. This position requires the candidate to work on-site in the office.
· Strong knowledge of automated test methodologies is essential, including automated test script development, automated test tool/utility development, and participation in establishment of an automated testing framework.
· Interact with product management, project management and engineering teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and product testing objectives.
· Strong experience developing automation frameworks with Test Complete.
· Strong knowledge of multiple software development methodologies including Agile.
· Expertise in defect tracking tools such as Atlassian JIRA, ALM.
· In-depth knowledge of QA methodologies and best practices.
· Client/Server and Web/Internet application testing experience.
· Experience working in a continuous integration or continuous delivery environment using Jenkins, SVN/GIT or equivalent tools.
· Product testing experience is a plus.
· Java scripting experience is a plus.
· Willingness to execute both manual and automated tests as needed in addition to development responsibilities.
· Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
· Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated.
DXC Technology is committed to the development of a fully inclusive workforce. All applications for employment are assessed purely on merit, against the capabilities and competencies required for the role.
DXC Technology does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnic origin, race, faith or sexual orientation.