· Job Description:
Installs, investigates and resolves matters of significance with computer software and hardware equipment.
Essential Job Functions
· Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
· Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
· Upgrades system software and hardware components as required to meet business needs; coordinates backups. Ensures upgrades are occurring in accordance with established parameters.
· Coordinates the installation of client department specific applications and systems. Determines appropriate method for installing applications and systems; resolves matters of significance and implements corrective course of action as needed.
· Installs, tests, upgrades and configures system files and services to enhance performance.
· Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
· Two or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
· Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
· Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
· Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
· Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
· Analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
· Communication skills for to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment
· May require on-call, shift, weekend and evening work