· Job Description:
Assists with the operations and maintenance support of a small to medium sized Storage Area Network Enterprise environment as assigned. Performs storage provisioning, provides support of storage infrastructure and services. Analyzes and monitors performance through the implementation of baseline changes and infrastructure upgrades. Assists in supporting the operation and maintenance of the company's storage based systems and their deployment.
Essential Job Functions
· Provides support in defining and developing product architecture through the provision of designs and evaluation of storage products in order to meet business needs.
· Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Utilizes standard tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
· Works closely with team members on testing, upgrades and configuration of system and services. Evaluates and ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results.
· Performs basic operation and maintenance support within a small to medium sized Storage Area Network Enterprise environment.
· Monitors operating system tasks, which includes memory and processor utilization. Conducts operational and possible faults checks. Resolves matters of significance and implements corrective course of action as needed.
· Assists team members on the development and analysis of system standards, thresholds and recommendations to maximize system performance.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field preferred
· Two or more years of experience working with computer systems, software or associated networks
· Experience with company products and services
· Experience working with storage protocols
· Experience working with Unix systems in a multi-site environment
· Experience working with virtual technologies
· Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
· Analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
· Communication skills to interact with team members, customers, and managers
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment
· May require on-call, shift, weekend and evening work