· Job Description:
Provides on-site field support to customers. Performs complex installations, repairs, upgrades and maintenance on hardware/software and equipment.
Essential Job Functions
· Provides on-site field support to customers including installation, and servicing and repairing complex systems and equipment. Reviews and approves operational quality of system equipment.
· Resolves customer problems in the areas of hardware/software installation, repair, upgrade and maintenance. Resolves more complex installations and maintenance issues.
· Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of systems/equipment.
· Ensures issues are referred to the appropriate personnel/service areas for follow up, testing and troubleshooting.
· Acts as a liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
· Performs complex analysis and prepares reports on system problem trends and issues.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Broad knowledge of corporate policies, products, markets and processes, as well as an understanding of business management principles and practices.
· Knowledge of video surveillance cameras and basic troubleshooting.
· Thorough knowledge of administrative or technical practices Proficient Field Technical Support skill set.
· Knowledge of assigned company hardware system platforms.
· Familiar with networking and all supported operating system platforms (i.e. company- UX, NT, Linux, etc.)
· Knowledge of high availability system environments.
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
· Strong Customer relationship building skills Ability to manage complex Customer problems.
· Ability to perform while under high-pressure situations.
· Project management, analysis, communication, scheduling, controlling, and presentation skills.
· Good teamwork with peers and company personnel.
· Demonstrate consistent, acceptable performance of all business fundamentals.
· Knowledge of portfolio of services.
· Basic knowledge of change management process and tools available.
· Schedule and participate in on-site account support meetings both internal and external
· Build great working relationships among colleagues and customers based on our customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs). When issues come up, your job is to respond them by either handling them, or by pulling in the proper associate, team member, or manager who can.
· Perform maintenance repair and system overhauls as a matter of routine (like modular swaps and unit replacements). You’ll surely always be on the lookout for preventative measures you can take to correct any and all technical problems before they happen.
· Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing, as well as stay in contact to ensure we’re providing the best possible service.
· Basic electronic skills, and some specific hardware and operating system familiarity
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP, and Windows 2000
· Knowledge of systems architecture, database management systems, and network and systems management systems
· Must be a local candidate (this position is not eligible for paid relocation)
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
· US Candidates must be at least 21 years of age
· Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and driving record that satisfies NCR fleet requirement
· Essential functions of this position include prolonged travel with driving up to approximately 8 hours per day, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· Six or more years of field support experience
· Experience working with the company's hardware, software and equipment products
· Experience working with customer technology and support requirements
· OEM Certifications- HP, Apple, Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba, MS
· Able to obtain Authorized Service Provider status for Microsoft equipment under warranty
· A+ Certification, CompTIA, N+ Certification, PC
· Good interpersonal skills to resolve field support problems
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Good communication skills
· Good time management and organizational skills
· Ability to resolve complex hardware/software and equipment problems
· Ability to provide guidance to other field engineers
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment
· May require weekend work
· May require shift work